lift shackle?

Is this for the truck in your signature?

I can run 31x10.50s with NO lift -- even on an XJ. It's even less of a problem in the rear of an MJ. With a 3-1/2" lift you have plenty of clearance for 32s as far as height. The problem is, how wide are the 32s? 31x10.50s on stock rims are VERY close to the springs and inner fender walls in the rear. 11.50 or 12.50 tires on stock rims would be an interference fit for width.

Please provide more info about your setup.

I have a 3 1/2" Superlift and just replaced my 31/10.50/15 Mud Kings on 3 spoke Panther wheels for 32/11.50/15 BFG Mud terrain TA KMs on 15x8 Daytonas. Don't know the backspacing. But I can get it for you if needed.I am not scrubbing in the back, I am scrubbing in the front and I know before I get on the trail again I need more lift. My plan was to do a 2"shackle in the back and 2" spacer in the front to compensate for my bigger tires. How does your XJ flex with no lift and 31's? I thought 4 1/2"s of lift was necessary to run 31's without cutting the fenders on an XJ?

How does your XJ flex with no lift and 31's? I thought 4 1/2"s of lift was necessary to run 31's without cutting the fenders on an XJ?

It flexes fine, but that's because I am on OEM rims with 5-1/4" of backspacing. NO aftermarket rims have that much, so with aftermarket rims the fat tires won't stuff inside the flares, they hit the flares. That's your problem.