Issue with Lift Installation

Okay. I finished up installing a 3" lift on my Comanche (Motion Offroad).

Problem is: The front driver's wheel upon visual inspection seems to be oriented more to the front of the wheel well (lets say there is a 2 finger gap between the tire and the front of the wheel well).

The front passenger wheel seems to be perfectly centered (let's say there is 4 finger gap).

Both control arms are set at exactly 16" inches.. thats the minimum length..

The adjustable track bar is set..

What gives? How can I fix this issue..

I speak of a tire alignment. As you raise up the truck, the steering linkages pull the tires together and they will need to be lengthened to get your tire alignment back to speck. Is your steering wheel straight with the tires pointed straight?

Oh, gotcha. Well, it hasn't been aligned yet but I didnt think that would cause the gross front to rear out of whackedness with the wheels up front. The drivers wheel is literally 2 fingers width from the front bumper and would probably rub if I turned the wheel.. Whereas, the passengers side is just fine..

Sounds like the caster is definitely set differently on the front right and left sides if I'm reading this correctly. Caster is set by the length of the lower control arm. If the left LCA is longer than the right LCA, either by adjustment or shims, the left front wheel will be more forward. Were adjustable LCA's part of your lift?

Fixed it, UB right, IB wrong. That's what I meant but obviously didn't type. :oops: Gotta do better checking before I post. Be interesting to see what the angles are left and right on the ball joint flats using an angle finder.........

Definately sounds like a lower control arm issue.

Check to see if the previous owner installed shims in the LCA frame mount box. If there are shims in there, you can remove them to shorten things up.

Did you have both control arms sitting next to each other prior to the install to make sure they are the same length?

You can also set the two stock arms next to each other to see if one is longer than the other one .... that might tell you something.