manual transmission harness

88 Peugeot tranny behind a 4.0

there is a 4 wire harness connector 2 wires are for the backup light, but what are the other 2 for? One has low voltage on it, and I think the other is grounded, why are they hooked together??

Only 2 of the wires are used for the back up lites.

Terminal A - 18 Black/yellow tracer (feed) and Terminal B 18 Brown (sw).

Terminal C and D are not used on the manual, and are just a 'carry' over in the harness from the gauge fuse. It's confusing because of the voltage present at the connector. You could tap into the connector for some under body glow lights :D

The Up-shift lite is controlled by the ECU, motoring the engines RPM's. I like when it comes on doing 70+mph and I ain't got no more gears :hmm:

Only 2 of the wires are used for the back up lites.

Terminal A - 18 Black/yellow tracer (feed) and Terminal B 18 Brown (sw).

Terminal C and D are not used on the manual, and are just a 'carry' over in the harness from the gauge fuse. It's confusing because of the voltage present at the connector. You could tap into the connector for some under body glow lights :D

The Up-shift lite is controlled by the ECU, motoring the engines RPM's. I like when it comes on doing 70+mph and I ain't got no more gears :hmm:

that's what I wanted to know, I just re-did that on my jeep so the BU lights would work with my ax-15 and I didn't complete the loop (like on the stock harness). I just want to be sure that wouldn't cause another problem later.