Olympic 4X4 Products, anyone dealt with?

mknherhappy

Anyone have any experience dealing with Olympic 4X4 products? I'm currently trying to get the correct brackets for the Nerf Bars I ordered. Quadratec sent a replacement kit, but that also had the incorrect brackets. I called and left two messages last week, but no return call, now this morning I have been told twice that I will get a call back from them, but so far no call.

Just looking to see if this is an isolated issue, or common.

I have never personally dealt with them. I do have their front and rear bumpers on my TJ. At the time, they were the only company that had integrated 2" receivers that were Tow Rated. Through miss-labeled boxes, a series of returns, my initial purchase of a rear bumper, through Q-tec, ended up including a front bumper at no charge.

When dealing with companies that fail to return calls, I just hound them. If you are a member of jeepforum, I believe "jerry" knows the guy that runs Olympic. I had a Dead on arrival EPi9.0 from Superwinch. After not getting anywhere with the customer service, I posted on another forum for help. Turns out one of the members knew the owner of Superwinch. The following day a complete winch assembly was overnighted to me with a prepaid return box for the old winch.

Keep at it. Somebody has to be able to help you out. If not, keep at Q-tec and you may eventually get the right parts.

I work at 4Wheel Drive Hardware. Perhaps I can help you out. Give me a part number and I'll see what I can do.

Hi,

Its the 560 Olympic Rock Nerf Bar Set. I have received two sets that contained the wrong brackets. The brackets that are shown in the directions have two holes in them, the ones I received twice have four holes. I thought maybe it was an upgrade, however, the hardware with the kit was for two holes and the brackets themselves had the wrong angle also.

Thanks,

I'm showing 8 parts that are starting with 560...can you tell me what Jeep they fit? I can go in the warehouse and open the box and see if they are correct if you can tell me the exact model that they are for.

I'm showing 8 parts that are starting with 560...can you tell me what Jeep they fit? I can go in the warehouse and open the box and see if they are correct if you can tell me the exact model that they are for.

Oh sure, sorry, its a 2001 Jeep Cherokee. Its listed as "560-154 Rubicon (texture) Black".

Thanks for looking.

Well...it looks like we don't have any in stock for me to go out and look at. Sorry to waste your time on that. I assume you have contacted Olympic directly? I can only tell you to call them until you get a correct answer, as I don't have a contact there to direct you to. Not sure if we are going to get any in, as it seems that item is a drop-shipped one from us.

Sorry :cheers:

Well...it looks like we don't have any in stock for me to go out and look at. Sorry to waste your time on that. I assume you have contacted Olympic directly? I can only tell you to call them until you get a correct answer, as I don't have a contact there to direct you to. Not sure if we are going to get any in, as it seems that item is a drop-shipped one from us.

Sorry :cheers:

Oh, don't be sorry, thanks for trying. Overall, is Olympic 4x4 products a quality product? So far, not impressed at all.

It depends on what you buy. Their bumpers are very nice. The rack systems seem a bit weak to me. I don't know about the rockers like you are getting. They demoed their Smuggler bumper at Moab this year, and I wasn't that impressed with it. Seems like the JK's are driving the pricing up a LOT more on aftermarket products now, and Olympic is not excluded from that.

After several phone calls and assurances from Olympic today to take care of my problem, just called back only to find everyone but the receptionist is gone for the day. Great customer service huh? If I sound sarcastic, I am. This treatment is ridiculous.

Have you asked if they will refund your money if you return the parts? If you are considering going that route.

Actually bought it from Quadratec, they sent me a replacement kit, unfortunately that kit also has the wrong brackets. They also promised to call me back Friday afternoon to let me know what will be done, but that call never was made either. I will be calling them right away Monday morning.

Have you asked if they will refund your money if you return the parts? If you are considering going that route.

Actually bought it from Quadratec, they sent me a replacement kit, unfortunately that kit also has the wrong brackets. They also promised to call me back Friday afternoon to let me know what will be done, but that call never was made either. I will be calling them right away Monday morning.

Good luck with that. I have had piss poor service from Q-tec in the past as well. I swear that too many companies have no idea what customer service means.