Project MJ

If you do decide to go with Por-15 I recommend using their marine clean and metal ready before applying you may also want to order their 6 pack unless your planning on completing all in one day. Por15 once open if any gets on the lid to can it will become as one. Also get some Xylol or Xylene for clean up if any gets on your skin this will remove it with ease good up to a few hours any longer and it won't take it off also use it to dilute por15 as it will thicken during the day.

Also paint remover will remove por15 and any bed liner with ease if you ever want to remove it comes off in big rubber pieces.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/POR-15-Rust-Preventive-Paint-Black-6-pack-4-oz-cans_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem3a5149490aQQitemZ250471860490QQptZMotorsQ5fAutomotiveQ5fTools

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

between the rain and working tons of over time I haven't done a thing since last weekend, I got a price to patch and weld the frame was cheaper than i thought so now just need to find free time to put fuel tank back in and get it to the welder, once thats done I'm hoping to runt the brake and fuel lines then finish the bed.

Since I have been working 14 hrs a day I haven't done a thing to this except got a couple estimates for the frame to be welded and order a sample of spannaker white paint, it's a 1969 Chrysler color, Monday I'm going to spray the fender and order my sand blaster and a new instant garage (my bro owns the one I'm using and wants me to get mj out) until I get those things i'm not going to do much... So much for a 3 month resto it's going to take a lot longer but should be worth it in the long run. I am also in the process of renting a heated garage this winter to continue doing work. I have also become the owner of a 2001 Grand Cherokee going to drive it into the ground for now, was a free ride but a heap of junk. maybe after the MJ is done I will finish the XJ the try the grand cherokee resto.

Will post a few new pics tomorrow, to busy watching UFC 100 replay and Strike Force fights.....

here is what happened when I rolled forward the other day :mad:

Here is why the mount let go....

If any one knows where I can buy new leaf mount plates let me know please other wise having the welding company make 4 up.

The biggest problem is the passenger side frame it tight but since I need the driver side frame boxed in and the leaf mounts there I need to do the passenger side to keep it even, I might need to get the shackle mounting bracket spaced out so its even with the front mount.

Learning as I go does suk but this forum makes it much easier for me to attempt some stuff I would normally look at and laugh then pay some one to do it.

I signed up for welding classes, starting end of september, then I might be able to save some money on welding.

Front fenders are painted 5 coats on each waiting for them to dry completely to see how they came out, no runs but some orange peel look in a couple spots. a wet sand and buff should help, so now as long as I work 40+ hrs this week I will be ordering the rest of the paint, I really want to get the frame welded and body painted before the snow hits,

here are the fenders all painted came out ok in my mind, I noticed some scratches in the primer after I painted but oh well I have so much left to do a couple scratches will be fine. I do like the color some what by choice and some what because of the price of the sample paint, it's an off white and I like it just wish it was a whole lot cheaper.

Last night my security light in my garage came on, there has been some car break ins around here lately, so any who I grabbed my baseball bat and went out back to look ( my back yard is thick woods and over groth, easy to hide), When I got to the bed of the MJ (beds flipped upside down) I heard a noise so I banged the bottom of the bed then I heard a grunt I was like WTF so I slowely moved the tail gate and almost $#!& myself, a family of 6 skunks making their house under my bed. There are 3 little ones look about 2-3 months old, well I got them to leave but a baby ran the wrong way and straight towards my open basement door, it almost made it to the door but then decided to run under the deck, so I decided to pull the trim boards from the deck and saw it hiding in the corner, I have cat food trail leading to the yard and my dog is freaking out when the skunk pops out.

We used to have a pet skunk and had many living under the stairs and deck so I know how to get them out with out getting sprayed. I must move my bed now since they made a home there once they will keep digging and trying to get back under the bed.

Why me why now I was going to sand blast today but now have to move stuff around and skunk proof it.

• 4 weeks later...

update

I got a little drunk this past Saturday and kind of fell broke my fall with a closed fist on a cement floor, (was drunk before any crap about putting hand out instead), I broke my right hand, well shattered the knuckle broke the bone in 3 places, chipped the ring finger knuckle and fractured my wrist (I must have rolled my wrist when I flopped over) so needless to say this project is on hold until next spring, I was about to start a job next week house painting but now i am out for 10-14 weeks, not sure if surgery is needed yet, doc wants it to heal some to see.

bribed some friends with beer and put the front end and doors back on, welding the frame Thursday (hopefully) but I might have to sell it might be getting booted from my bros house (douche bag gf sorry for the language) being out of work for the next couple weeks doesn't help either.

I am selling a 1988 Suzuki Quadracer lt 250 and my XJ and a bunch of model cars/truck first, every thing I own will go before the MJ but its not much.

• 2 weeks later...