clutch help!?!?!?!?!?

i finally got my clutch bleed, but it won't engage, so i changed the master cylinder and the clutch line, and bleed it again, and it still won't engage, so I'm thinking slave cylinder, anybody else have any idea of what else it could be?

also my dad is helping me out with it but he wasnt with me when i put the tranny back in, so anybody have any pics of the inside of ba10/5 bell housing area, where the slave cylinder and clutch are,

Won't engage? So it's acting like you have the clutch pushed in all the time?

Or do you mean the pedal won't go down?

exact opposite, the pedal will go down, and it acts like theres no clutch. while its on, it won't go into gear, and when its off and i put it in gear, then turn it on,(with the clutch pushed down) it moves like I'm not pushing the clutch in

Either there's air in the line, or you have a massive leak. I would bleed the hell out of it.

Your best and most expensive option would be to throw in an external slave AX-15 :thumbsup:

alright thanks man, yea i wanted to do an ax15 swap, but my dad had already bought the clutch kitg for the ba10/5, so i decided jus to stick with it

Was your clutch working at all before you bled the system? I just had the ax4 out of my 86 and I had similar problems before we started. We knew that the problem was likely more than hydraulic on mine because it quit working all at once. Turned out that pieces of the clutch springs had jammed into the pressure plate and it wouldn't release. Good luck!

Was your clutch working at all before you bled the system? I just had the ax4 out of my 86 and I had similar problems before we started. We knew that the problem was likely more than hydraulic on mine because it quit working all at once. Turned out that pieces of the clutch springs had jammed into the pressure plate and it wouldn't release. Good luck!

no i had jus replaced everything, and i was jus seeing if everything turned out ok, and it wasnt,

but i think i solved the problem last night, my friend came over and we bench bled the master cylinder, and then we bled the rest, and now it seems to work, doesnt pull foward when i try to start it in gear, but its still hard to put it in gear, itll go its jus a pain

Peugeot clutch kit works with the AX-15 just fine. That's what I'm running in the 88 with the 99 AX-15. :thumbsup: Heck, I'm even running the original 88 master cylinder adapted to the external slave. :D

pump pump pump pump hold then repeat it is a two person job and where some safty glasses the stuff goes every where

yea i had three people including myself working on it, and yea brake fluid burns when it gets in your eye :grrrr:

pump pump pump pump hold then repeat it is a two person job and where some safty glasses the stuff goes every where

yea i had three people including myself working on it, and yea brake fluid burns when it gets in your eye :grrrr:

Haven't had that, but gas and coolant aren't any fun either.

Rust is always a favorite.

coolent tast so good when the cap blows off and the temp is 230 degrees F STUPID DODGE MINIVANS :headpop: . funny part was i did not even touch the thing i was checking the oil because the oil check light came on :nuts: :fs1first and second degree burns too 3/4 of my face. sucked bigggggg a holeee. but all good now still afrade of that cap though it is very :evil:

That sucks. I've definitly sworn at a caravan before(well a voyager). Thing was the biggest hunk of crap my parents ever bought.

I've been lucky enough to not be hit with hot coolant. Just three cold showers.

man that really sucks, a while back my dad was thinking about getting a minivan, i tried talking him out of it, it wasnt until my mom said she wouldnt drive it, that he then decided to get an v10 4x4 excursion, jamminz.gif one of the best trucks we ever had

Hey now, my 97 Chrysler town-n-country just rolled over 210k and is one of the most reliable vehicles I've ever seen let alone owned. Not everything on it is perfect mind you, but not too shabby for a vehicle that has seen 12 Michigan winters. We've been the sole owners though, and I like to think I've had a hand in its longevity. :D

Having said all that, when the time comes to replace it, I want a 7.3 Excursion. :D The ol' van can't tow my MJ around. :(

Having said all that, when the time comes to replace it, I want a 7.3 Excursion. :D The ol' van can't tow my MJ around. :(

jamminz.gif my parents had one before the v10 we had, my friend right now, since he rolled his xj doin 80mph, is lookin for either 7.3 f250 or a 2500 cummins, to tow 2 of our groups jeeps