CO2 and air tools

I just got a CO2 tank this winter to use on trail runs. I haven't tested it yet for filling tires but I wanted to make sure I could run an impact, air ratchet, and other various tools while offroad. I adjusted the regulator to 60psi (maximum pressure that the regulator reads). The impact gun doesn't have anywhere near enough juice to spin off a lug, or any other moderately torqued bolts. Is there something I need to adjust to get the tank to run air tools and fill up tires quickly. I imagine that the CFM is not very high with how run down the impact gun sounded. What do I need to do?

You need to get up to about 90-110psi to run a impact gun. Ive seen other run air tools off CO tanks, and knew of a trimmer that used a CO tank to run nail guns. But with the cost of refilling the CO today........a small compressor is more of a value.

If you up grade your regulator you could run the impact gun off the tank.

If you up grade your regulator you could run the impact gun off the tank.

BINGO!!! :D

I have one for each of my trail rigs. GREAT tool!! Both run guns and fill tires, air mattresses at will with volume to spare. I have a 20# and a smaller 10#. Both with variable regulators. I have been known to turn up the pressure to get that very stubborn bolt off a time or two.... :shake: :shake: :shake: :yes:

CW

I bought a non-adjustable 100 psi regulator from a balloon equipment site. If I remember right it cost me under $30 shipped. No gauge and no adjustability make everything nice and cheap. :D Runs tools just fine. :thumbsup:

Looks like the one this guys used (although the website he lists no longer exists) http://www.stu-offroad.com/recovery/co2/co2-1.htm