tnt/treks y link xj upgrade

it's made for a cherokee.

the comanche has cab bracings in different locations. you'll need to remove those to make it fit.

I wouldn't buy it though. if you have ANY drivetrain failures on the trail (i.e. trans, t-case) then you cannot effect any trail repair. in order to access those parts, you must first support the body then literally REMOVE the front links, then drop the entire belly skid.

that system sucks. I would buy a 4 link setup instead. y-links are notorious for unloading on a hill climb and poor weight distribution because they tend to unseat the downward flexing coil, removing all weight from that tire.

hopefully someone else can chime in on that.

I would just build my own so I haven't followed on kits in awhile.

I wouldn't buy ANYTHING from Rock Krawler tho, cause RK fits suck

I wouldn't buy ANYTHING from Motion Offroad

heard all about that loser.

would build my own but don't have all the correct tools and not all the correct smarts quite yet. I'm gonna need to actually install an aftermarket one before i have an idea of how to make my own.

anyways... hoprfully someone can chime in...

the treks kit is a good one. how often do you need to replace a t-case or tranny on the trail? probably never.

also, RK does make good products that can withstand good abuse. i myself like 4-link kits and RK does make those that will bolt right to a MJ.

I give a vote for the RockKrawler stuff....have 3 friends locally that run the Gen3 stuff and its SOOOO much better than their old stuff...i personally run their HD trackbar and bracket and don't have any "fit" problems....there stuff is solid and for the price its great....

The Treks Y Link is one of the better kits available. It does not simply bolt on, but isn't difficult to install. The extra lower control arm bracing needs to be removed from the body and a handful of holes need to be drilled through the unirail. If you are looking for a kit, it is the only one I would recommend.

Willy

as well with the t&t kit, it gives you a sub frame which ultimately stiffens up the chassis, as well as gives you a belly skid to protect the underneath, if I was to start over in my build I would save my ponies and get that system.