52 Buick

53 Plymouth

57 Ford Fairlane

Ford (mid-60s)

Packard (mid-50s)

??

50 Ford

47 Packard

I thought this one was an impala, late 60's, but I dunno.

Looks like a fun trip. I looooove junk yards, but most of that crap needs to be taken to the scrap yard...

Ford Fairlane, say...... 67?

:agree: that's what it looks like to me as well.

Before I jump to page 2 and see other responses, here are my guesses:

Ford PU (+/- 50)

55 Chevrolet BelAir

??

??

52 Buick

53 Plymouth

57 Ford Fairlane

Ford (mid-60s)

Packard (mid-50s)

??

50 Ford

47 Packard

hold on eagle, are you sure on the 55? because i don't think the BelAir model had window posts

Before I jump to page 2 and see other responses, here are my guesses:

Ford PU (+/- 50)

55 Chevrolet BelAir

??

??

52 Buick

53 Plymouth

57 Ford Fairlane

Ford (mid-60s)

Packard (mid-50s)

??

50 Ford

47 Packard

hold on eagle, are you sure on the 55? because i don't think the BelAir model had window posts

55 or 56. The 57 had the taller, skinnier fins on the back. Maybe not a BelAir? Definitely a Chebbie, though.

Can't believe I missed the Lincoln, though. :doh:

The amazing thing about us as Americans is that we allow places like that one to exist.

Why were those cars ever taken off the road to begin with? Many of the photos that you posted don't even show wrecked cars in them?

We could learn many lessons on Economics from Cuba who has not has open auto imports for like 50 years.

We need to stop producing throw away junk in this country and start to realize what we have been doing wrong to get us into this mess.

Spending your money on a new motor, an oil change, a body repair, or to fix up that old car, would keep money in your local town, spent in blue collar repair shops, helping out the guy on "main street" as we have come to say.

Buying new, financing through the bank, only helps wall street.

Consumers, need to quit purchasing this junk until the automakers change and make quality cars like Honda and Toyota. You see people all over the place fixing 150,000 mile civics and accords because they are good cars worth fixing. Intrepids and Malibu's are not.

Some day down the road... it will be the Jap cars sitting in a field, as todays American made cars like the ones in the photos in this post from yesteryear will all goto the scrapper.

The amazing thing about us as Americans is that we allow places like that one to exist.

Why were those cars ever taken off the road to begin with? Many of the photos that you posted don't even show wrecked cars in them?

We could learn many lessons on Economics from Cuba who has not has open auto imports for like 50 years.

We need to stop producing throw away junk in this country and start to realize what we have been doing wrong to get us into this mess.

Spending your money on a new motor, an oil change, a body repair, or to fix up that old car, would keep money in your local town, spent in blue collar repair shops, helping out the guy on "main street" as we have come to say.

I agree. I'm doing my part. 87 MJ, 88 MJ, 88 XJ -- the "new" car in the family is my wife's 2000 XJ. But even the Renix-era Jeeps are throw-away engineering. My first car was a 1950 Hudson. If the starter or generator went bad, you replaced the bushings and/or brushes (or the "Bendix" drive on the starter), and kept on truckin'. You can't repair alternators or starters today -- you use it as a core to buy a replacement.

Brake cylinder rebuild kits? Try to find one. Chinese wheel cylinders today cost less than the rebuild kits cost when I was a teen-ager. Doesn't make economic sense to rebuild a wheel cylinder -- not that you could find the tools even if you could find the kit.

I agree. I'm doing my part. 87 MJ, 88 MJ, 88 XJ -- the "new" car in the family is my wife's 2000 XJ. But even the Renix-era Jeeps are throw-away engineering. My first car was a 1950 Hudson. If the starter or generator went bad, you replaced the bushings and/or brushes (or the "Bendix" drive on the starter), and kept on truckin'. You can't repair alternators or starters today -- you use it as a core to buy a replacement.

Brake cylinder rebuild kits? Try to find one. Chinese wheel cylinders today cost less than the rebuild kits cost when I was a teen-ager. Doesn't make economic sense to rebuild a wheel cylinder -- not that you could find the tools even if you could find the kit.

I guess growing up way back when (I'm 44) and rebuilding all my own starters, generators/alternators and the like seems like second nature to me.

I haven't checked in a while but Pep boys used to carry kits to overhaul many different Starters and Alternators. I know that these folks still do:

http://www.springhillautoelectric.com/

Most kits are still available should one want to rebuild it themselves. I rebuilt a Ford power window motor this morning, it cost me $14.00 with tax VS $65.00 for a rebuilt one. I got what I needed to do it at Pep Boys & it took about 5 minutes to rebuild. They carry wheel cylinder hones and rebuild kits too.

Here are some rebuild kits available at Advance for my 88 Comanche:

PN#SC113 Alternator Diodes

PN#SC112 Alternator Rectifier

PN#S-MNJ-417-S Alternator Commutator End Bearing

PN#x311 Alternator Brush Set

PN#11303 Wheel cylinder rebuild kit

PN#D351473 Brake Caliper rebuild kit

PN#8561 Complete Power Steering Pump Rebuild kit

PN#CMK351852 Clutch Master cylinder Rebuild Kit

PN#8522 Complete Steering Gearbox Rebuild Kit

And NAPA carries just about every rebuild kit you could ever think of for Renix era MJ's down to the correct funky vacuum lines.

So much for Renix era Jeeps being "throw-away engineering". :smart: