XJ MJ COILS IN A TJ ?

86FUBAR

ok i got an 05 rubicon unlimited that is gona be in need of some new tires soon and instead of puting some stock tires on it i wanted to bump up to some 32" tires to kinda make it look more porportioned . though i could buy a budget boost for it i thought i might be able to fit my old 4"lift mj springs up front but i couldnt remember how much lift if any i could get by doing this and i remember hearing it here some were . i tried searching but couldnt come up with anything .o and the goal is around 2-2.5"

ok i got an 05 rubicon unlimited that is gona be in need of some new tires soon and instead of puting some stock tires on it i wanted to bump up to some 32" tires to kinda make it look more porportioned . though i could buy a budget boost for it i thought i might be able to fit my old 4"lift mj springs up front but i couldnt remember how much lift if any i could get by doing this and i remember hearing it here some were . i tried searching but couldnt come up with anything .o and the goal is around 2-2.5"

the XJ/MJ have quite a bit of weight up front where the rubicon unlimited weight is a little further back. I would GUESS that you would end up with 4" if you put them on.

Put them on and take a look at it. It doesn't take too long to put them on and look at it but I would guarantee it'll net more than you want.

I talked to a Rubicon Express tech once that said XJ coils on a TJ would lift the TJ 1" more than the XJ. Take it for what it's worth.

yup............basically saying the same as me just the opposite way 8)

I talked to a Rubicon Express tech once that said XJ coils on a TJ would lift the TJ 1" more than the XJ. Take it for what it's worth.

yup............basically saying the same as me just the opposite way 8)

ok so then i should look for some v8 ZJ coils as those are susposed to lift an xj an 1" wich would lift my LJ 2" give or take :yes: , the only problem is trying to find those springs as zj's arnt common in the j-yards around here . i have a feeling that this is going to take alot of trial and error :wall: