great trans. all my years i've never seen one go. my buddy worked for jeep for ten years in the 90's in their hay day. one trans in 10 yrs he saw go bad, way over 200k. i love that trans, same company that built and still builds trans for toyota. it even looks like a toyota trans. do it.

I had one in my last MJ, I took it to hell and back and no problems,.... well the clutch went out but... ;)

umm. aw4 is automatic trans. that would imply clutches not "clutch".

pretty sure you're thinking of an ax15.

There are clutch packs in autos. And they can burn up.

yeah.

I just based my interpretation on how he worded it...a clutch denotes stick shift, whereas a clutchpack denotes auto....you never just replace "a clutch" in an auto....always replace all of them when rebuilding, for proper wear-in pattern.

plus his sig says his truck is on dana 35's so I just made a judgement call that he probably mixed up the ax15 and aw4

I had one in my last MJ, I took it to hell and back and no problems,.... well the clutch went out but... ;)

umm. aw4 is automatic trans. that would imply clutches not "clutch".

pretty sure you're thinking of an ax15.

uh... ok maybe i got mixed up, i had a 4 speed manual in my first MJ, what was that called? i thought it was the Aw4. :???: :???:

I have a 4sp auto in the jeep i got now, is that the AW4, either way it seems really strong.

The truck was a bust!!!! He was asking $850 for a 90 4.0 auto 4x4. It's worth maybe $200. It has deep rust everywhere, brakes are gone, and took two minutes to start it. I drove 50 miles for a POS that isn't worth it. :fs1: :headpop: That guy is on crack if he thinks he can get that kind of money.