Holy Crap!!!!!!

pantera1973

I thought I read that was "staged", although well before Photoshopping... I'll look for the discussion

That's true Photoshopping. The trail where the truck is pictured is well wider than depicted (Even only by a good foot or so). The photo was literally cut and pasted to get what we see. A schweet Jtruck sporting some awesome Warn gear.

I thought I read that was "staged", although well before Photoshopping... I'll look for the discussion

That's true Photoshopping. The trail where the truck is pictured is well wider than depicted (Even only by a good foot or so). The photo was literally cut and pasted to get what we see. A schweet Jtruck sporting some awesome Warn gear.

Yup bingo.....though I would say its the is at least 3-4 feet wider than pictured.

IMO its not a real scary road, the turns are tight, and I mean real tight. And while its moderately rough its not that bad.

Honestly I've been on some scarier stuff that doesn't get all the attention, black bear gets a lot of hype for nothing....IMO

(its still very scenic)

I always wondered where that J-truck picture was taken.

Yup bingo.....though I would say its the is at least 3-4 feet wider than pictured.

IMO its not a real scary road, the turns are tight, and I mean real tight. And while its moderately rough its not that bad.

Honestly I've been on some scarier stuff that doesn't get all the attention, black bear gets a lot of hype for nothing....IMO

(its still very scenic)

It is way over hyped. Definitely worth doing and the scenery and history are incredible, but the switch backs are nothing more than a dirt road with tight turns. Imogene is worse than the switch backs on Black Bear.

Willy

I always wondered where that J-truck picture was taken.

(its still very scenic)

It is way over hyped. Definitely worth doing and the scenery and history are incredible, but the switch backs are nothing more than a dirt road with tight turns. Imogene is worse than the switch backs on Black Bear.

Willy

Imogene is mostly just long on the ouray side.

Really the only part of black bear that is difficult is the drop from the top of the mountain down to the switchbacks.

There are other more difficult trails, but they don't necessarily go anywhere(other than just incredible scenery). Because of this there are just a couple of main trails that get a big hype.

Governer basin, (off of imogene basin) is much more difficult than either, and it much less traveled. thats a place you can go and not be bothered by noisy quads and bikes.