Auto to manual lock-out hubs?

is it worth while to put in manual lock-out hubs on my MJ? i went and priced them at the dealership yesterday, about $130 ea. doing that will get rid of those stupid vacuum lines, and i won't have to drive around all the time with the front axle turning right?

Jeep never made a lock-out hub kit, to my knowledge, for any Z/X/M/T/Y/WJ Dana 30.

I paid $1000 for my Warn set-up that was on my XJ. It included the hubs, stub shafts, spindles, and the locking nuts. I still had to have the center hats of my rotors machined to fit the new spindles.

They might be trying to sale you the hubs for a CJ Dana 30 if so they will not work on a MJ Dana 30.

Jeep never made a lock-out hub kit, to my knowledge, for any Z/X/M/T/Y/WJ Dana 30.

I paid $1000 for my Warn set-up that was on my XJ. It included the hubs, stub shafts, spindles, and the locking nuts. I still had to have the center hats of my rotors machined to fit the new spindles.

They might be trying to sale you the hubs for a CJ Dana 30 if so they will not work on a MJ Dana 30.

Does the warn setup work with OEM wheels? looking at it online it doesn't seem like it can.

In my humble opinion it's a waste of money anyways. I just can't see the point unless you're running a spool in the front diff.

Don't worry about the front stuff turning. The theoretical fuel savings are minuscule at best. There's a reason Jeep doesn't use any sort of lockout anymore. Just lock the CAD and never look back. :thumbsup: The worst thing that might happen is you may notice if your front driveshaft U-joints are bad.

Does the warn setup work with OEM wheels? looking at it online it doesn't seem like it can.

I am not real sure :dunno:

I had black wheels on the XJ and never tried a stock wheel. Rangers have about the same hub and their wheel centers are smaller than a XJ so maybe...

But you could easily have the wheels centers machined if needed.