my bro got a Comanche from his commander

My bro is a fireman and his commander gave him an 88 Comanche. Body is straight and we are loving it. Bought some mesh wheels from CL and looking good as well. here are some pics.

She cleaned up real nice. She has a few problems though. First idle is not steady, will try cleaning up the ISC and TB. Where can we source new vacuum lines? Water temp is low, probably 2nd white line at the most, will replace thermostat tomorrow. Fixed most of the light problems with the fuse box. Will check tom if clutch master is leaking. Some of the contacts in the fusebox is not tight anymore. Will look into replacing with a better one from the yards.

When we drove home, front steering made a wobble around 55 but goes away around 60 mph. What is the likely culprit? That is it for now, will update tomorrow when we work on her again.

First off - Welcome to the club!

Second - Nice truck- looks really clean

Third - The wobble you've found can be caused by many issues - Get down and start tugging on steering components Trackbar and tierod/draglink. Any movement means worn out joints and bushings - replace and enjoy :cheers:

If it wobbles at 55 but not 60 I'm guessing an unbalanced tire.

But then again, I have the kinda the same problem, wobble at 45 but not below 40 or above 50, that I'm pretty sure is caused by the two bad ball joints (upper and lower) on passenger side wheel.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. We worked on her some more today. Replaced thermostat and now get proper temps. Also replaced cap and rotor, had a crack and my bro told me she runs beautifully now. I asked him if he notices the wobble around 55 and he said he didn't notice, will still do the check on the front suspension when we work on her again.

I problem he wants fixed is the front left signal doesn't work, everything else works. Is this a common problem with the Comanche?

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. We worked on her some more today. Replaced thermostat and now get proper temps. Also replaced cap and rotor, had a crack and my bro told me she runs beautifully now. I asked him if he notices the wobble around 55 and he said he didn't notice, will still do the check on the front suspension when we work on her again.

I problem he wants fixed is the front left signal doesn't work, everything else works. Is this a common problem with the Comanche?

Welcome to the club :cheers: !!! Check the turn signal bulb first. Then move on to the grounds - good to do period. I ended up having to replace my front socket assemblies. Congrats on the awesome MJ deal - Rich

Welcome to the club :cheers: !!! Check the turn signal bulb first. Then move on to the grounds - good to do period. I ended up having to replace my front socket assemblies. Congrats on the awesome MJ deal - Rich

Hi rich, we cleaned up the socket and bulb. Still no worky. Will look at a replacement socket when i hit the yards.