bed removal problem

so, I got a new stock rear bumper from crankshaftkid to replace my tube/ranch hand bumper, its not a bad bumper but i just like the stock one better. so started to remove it and found out one of the PO welded it to the frame. figured that sucks but since i have to do some body work to my bed anyways, might as well just pull the bed off and tackle the welds from uptop, now reading 512tr's write up on bed removal, he says that I have to remove the bumper first. so, do I have to cut the welds with the bed still on, :mad: or is there a way to remove the bed without removing the bumper? jamminz.gif

I pulled my bed off easily without pulling the bumper...Is there somewhere on yours where it's connected?

It was a really easy thing, took about an hour, and only 2 guys to lift it off and set it aside.

IIRC there are 8 bolts/studs that hold the bed on. They were completely independent from the bumper mounting brackets on my '88.

You shouldnt have an issue if its welded on there, unless they plugged up the access holes to the bolt heads/nuts on the studs... :dunno: