EFI Upgrade

What is wrong with what you have? There would be NOTHING easy about swapping in a system from another Jeep. It will require a new computer, new sensors, new wiring harness etc, etc...

Doing something like that would make absolutley no sense. The Renix system (that he has) is simpler to work on and works great... :dunno:

Ok my brother has 87' Jeep comanche with 4.0 liter with 200.000 plus miles on it. In the winter time its starts ok but in the summer it will start when its cold but once it warms up you are stranded it will crank all day but it will not start. I thought fuel injection was supposed to due away with vapor lock so I don't think thats what it is. He says that adding wooden clothes pins on the fuel rail (multi port injection) seem to help the starting problem, but this was near the fall when the weather got cooler. I drove the truck allot this winter and never got stranded. It does seem to crank allot more to start then most fuel injected vehicles then I am use to, I don't know if this will help diagnose the problem.

He bought the truck a year ago in the winter so problem didn't show up till this past summer, and like I said no issues with it this winter.

Thanks in advance for everone's help

Dave

Fuel injection does do away with vapor lock. It's not vapor lock. Might be a faulty fuel pump resistor, or CPS.

:agree:

Changing the injection system will not solve your problem, but rather, it will create more most likley.

Like I said in the other thread, you need to diagnose it when it won't start and find out if the problem is fire or fuel, then we can go from there and narrow down what is causing it.