coolant problem

Last weekend I replaced upper & lower radiator hoses. I did the heater hoses too. I didn't replace the thermostat. This weekend I did. I still have the same problem that made me want to replace the thermostat....the top radiator hose is hot...the bottom one is not, either are the 2 heater hoses. When I filled it with antifreeze, I had the heater running, and the engine. Any sugusstions??? Thanx :cheers:

BTW, it's the 2.5 liter engine

You could try a flush, but if it's blocked that badly, it may not do any good. I would be afraid of driving it that far...a short distance would 5 miles or less. These engines achieve operating temperature within just a few minutes so 15 miles would probably be trouble if the problem is what it seems.

Well, today I disconnected the bottom radiator hose, let the radiator drain & ran the hose thrugh the cap. The water came thrugh pretty good & clean. So I re-connected, filled the radiator and....same problem...only the top hose gets hot. Time for the pros! :mad:

Not trying to spend your money :roll: .......But.......

Why mess with a 20 year old radiator?????

New ones are under $100, yea, there are better ones out there for the $$$

From http://www.Rockauto.com

PROLIANCE Part # 432268 {1 Row; Plastic Tank, Aluminum Core, 31"x11.125"x1.5" #78}

$87.79

SPECTRA PREMIUM Part # CU78 {1 Row; Copper/Plastic #78}

$92.79

With summer coming up......your MJ will thank you :D