the old rust bucket

At least he's raising his daughter right.

(I'd tell you a story, but it would really take this thread downhill. I mean, from where it is even.)

Oh, and leaky gaskets are an 'automatic oil changing system'. All you have to do is add a bit more every now and again.

well if it wasn't a crappy photo I would have known that :)

I thought we were talking girlfriend there.

i looked at that pic for 5 minutes trying to figure out the relation of the person to him, then decided it was best not to post :D ... glad i didnt now

Well, I finally got the gas tanks swapped. That was took more effort than it should have. I took out a 23 gal tank with rust holes in the top :eek: and put in a 16 gal tank. Everything fit ok except the fill line. I think I have that fixed now though.

Now I can get a new exhaust system welded in. Seems the guy doing it for me didn't like the idea of welding around those gas fumes from the leaky tank. :dunno: Right now the exhaust currently ends at a glasspack, man thats annoyingly loud (and illegal).

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got a day off and replaced the o-rings on the fuel injectors, and cleaned tham a bit as well.

not the best pic, but you can see by this one, they were gunked up pretty good

there was also a bit of corrosion on one of the electrical lines

Between the new o-rings, clean(er) injectors and a new fuel filter, it doesn't seem to want to die anymore while at idle. :cheers:

tomorrow the new to me bumper goes on

jamminz.gif

• 2 months later...

be careful with that bumper i have the same one and had to have the reciever welded back on at 1:00am on I-5 by a passing truck driver that just happened to have a welder with him. he used a bolt to fill in the gap and i have been towing with it like that since(3yrs) well not anymore since the bumper is now falling off the truck. that is why i had to lift the truck ,

the bumper kept dragging on everything.