Fog Lights wires

9 times out of 10, the wiring is already there in your truck. In the cab, if you pull the dash bezel and the left blank switch bezel, you should see the plug connector for the switch with the illumination bulb socket. There will also be the connector for the cargo light back there as well and it looks the same if I remember correctly.

The actual fog lamp plugs would be in the wiring harness on the header panel. However, that harness is separate from the main engine harness and may not have them, as it was easy for the factory to install either one. The relay would be just inside on the firewall next to the radiator I think and again would be depending if your header panel harness has the sockets for the fog lights.

With all that said, if you don't have the plugs on the header panel harness, no sweat. Just grab one from an XJ of the same relative year that does and swap them out. If you don't have the connector in the dash harness, then your better off just using your own wiring and relay with the factory swith.

:cheers:

Mine are all 89 and older. I haven't seen one yet that had the wiring in place if it didn't come from the factory with fog lights. The harness used to be offered as a kit through the dealer parts departments. Wire is wire, and you can buy relays at any Auto Zone, Pep Boys, Advance/Checker/Shucks, NAPA or Carquest store.

Now that I think about it, it's more like 50/50. I've run across a couple in the JY but I think I was thinking more of the underdash lighting plugs. :doh: However, I do know I've seen quite a few XJs with the wiring already there.

I have a front headlight harness that has the foglight connectors and relay in my 96. The harness doesnt work with my year Jeep.. I'm still trying to work out a deal with a guy in Va to get the 96 harness, so if that pans out I'll sell you my harness I have now. It came out of a 91 XJ, but is the exact same harness thats in my 89 MJ, which came factory with fogs. Drop me a PM if your interested.

Here's how I wired my fog lights. I did not have the factory harness, but did use the existing factory fog light dash switch and it's output wire out to the engine bay. Everything after pin 10 on the 10-pin connector in the left front engiune compartment was added. This wiring of course does NOT switch off the fog lights when the headlamp HI beams are on, illegal in some states.

Image Not Found