Need confirmation on e-brake cable

I picked up new e-brake cables, the whole set, and just wanted to confirm that the lead cable as I saw it goes through the back and inside of the cab and under the floor up to the pedal assembly? I guess it's not a huge deal but I realized I probably have to take out the seat and some trim to get to it under the carpet, correct??

Good time to POR15 or Herculine the floor?

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. Might be a good time to cut out any floor metal that has rusted through, patch weld, seal, and THEN POR-15/Herculine the floor ;)

Sorry, guess I don't think about those kinds of things since we don't have much rust, and my floors are nearly as nice as the day they rolled off the production line... :D

Sorry, guess I don't think about those kinds of things since we don't have much rust, and my floors are nearly as nice as the day they rolled off the production line... :D

IMHO a lot more of the rusted floor syndrome is the result of water leaks accumulating under the carpet than due to corrosion of the floor panel from the outside.

Greg,

The cable runs thru a small hole in a support bracket that's welded to the floorpan (you'll see what I mean when you go to take your old one out). Make sure that you run the pedal end back thru that hole and up to the pedal before you reattach the new one.

It'll still work if you forget to route it back thru the floor, but you'll have a hard time getting the trim piece back over the rocker area if it's resting on top of the bracket as opposed to thru the hole.

If you want to see what it looks like and how it sits if you forget, just come take a look at mine........ :dunce: (I'm not running any carpeting/cargo mat though, so it's not a big deal for me)

Jeff

Well I'm having my cousin's step-dad who has a repair shop do the e-cables for me because it needs a starter and state inspection. The truck has been sitting for a couple of months because I could never catch a Saturday with warm enough weather and where I didn't have a bunch of other stuff to do. And now, the family schedule just got ratcheted up a couple more notches with my baseball and soccer having just started. Soooooo, I'm just gonna have him do it for me while it's in for inspection, he'll give me a good deal on the labor and I already had the parts.

The reason I asked about the main cable though is because I am going to do that myself later, no need to pay him to be pulling out a seat and trim and carpet and such. Plus, I plan to take it to the body shop sometime in the next 90 days and get my passenger floorpan replaced. I'll tear down the interior myself and just have the shop do the cutting and welding, so when I get it back I plan to put the main cable in and also do some preventive maintenance with the POR-15. Fortunately my main cable is in good shape which is why I'm not worried about my guy doing it. But the part was only $15 so with new legs going to the wheels I may as well have a new cable all the way back when I can put that in.

IMHO a lot more of the rusted floor syndrome is the result of water leaks accumulating under the carpet than due to corrosion of the floor panel from the outside.

Oh Yah, I guess I have me some of that... :doh: