Try and guess what the PO did.

So I was reading a lot bout how the ground connection can cause some funky electrical problems. Because none of the lights on my drivers side don't work, and when i try to turn up the volume on my cd player it pauses it, and because... well you get the point I have weird electrical issues. :roll:

following the advice of other forum members i picked up some sand paper, di-electric grease and popped open my tail light. Here is what i found:

(after shattering and pulling out the light bulb)

(something didn't seem right so i opened up the light socket, and found all this yellow putty loking stuff)

(can't really see but there more putty inside where i asume the light bulb screws into)

So... is this something jeep did, or is it something the previouse owner did? I only included pictures of one, but all of the lights have it.

Either way, what do you guys recommend? I've got an open day and motivation, so hopefully i can get some feedback before the auto part stores close.

I am currently standing a watch on a DOD computer and cannot see your pictures.

However, the yellow paste (assuming we are on the same page) is from jeep or from a factory service. The dielecric or anti corrosion grease some places use turn semi hard and yellowish with age. I cleaned mine out with qd electric cleaner and added more. Corroded bulbs suck.

Welcome to my day to day. Flipping through project threads sucks without any pics............... :yes:

at least you can surf the actual web, I'm restricted to AKO on work computers... of course as a lower enlisted I don't have a need for being on a computer really :roll:

Welcome to my day to day. Flipping through project threads sucks without any pics............... :yes:

at least you can surf the actual web, I'm restricted to AKO on work computers... of course as a lower enlisted I don't have a need for being on a computer really :roll:

lol,, Ol' AKO/DKO.. I remember I hated having to come up with those crazy passwords all the time... Best use of an Army PC is TM's..

All the dielectric grease I've ever seen is clear, and kinda thin.. Does any company still make the thicker yellow stuff?

Been there and done that!!! :wall: