A New Lift question...

Alright my truck is currently sitting on a Motion Offroad 1.5" BB consisting of Coil spacers up front and Shackles in the rear. Theres a set of ZJ coils and AALs(about 1.5") for sale in the classifieds (ive asked this question to the seller also). If i were to add the ZJ coils and AAL to my truck as it sits i should net around 2.5-3" of lift total correct? Is there any major downsides to doing that setup. I know AALs are not idel but for minor wheeling and street driving is there anything i should really watchout for. I'm only looking at lifting this thing a max of 3" anyway and this combination would get me close. Any info you may have please post it up.

Thanks Alot! :thumbsup:

There are always better ways to get more lift, but they always cost more money too. Everything is a trade off.

The ZJ coils and AALs will work .... might get a rougher ride from the coils, but you'll get your lift.

Don't forget you can sell your spacers and stock springs for about the same amount as a used set of 3" springs that will be a bit softer.

alright cool, what about the LCAs should i look into an aftermarket/adjustable set or will my OEM 1s be able to handle the additional lift? Will any other components require drop brackets or replacement as well?

I doubt that you will need to swap out your LCAs with ~3" on the front.

On the contrary. At 3" with stock control arms, your caster will be off and your tire won't be centered in the wheel well. And your stock track bar will pull your axle to the side. And your sway bar will be tweaked without extended links or the drop brackets.

Why the need to another couple inches? Your truck looks great as it sits right now. What are you planning? :brows:

I'm happy with it as well but when i upgrade to 31" tires i figured another inch or so wouldent hurt on the occasional offroad excusion. I just saw that deal in the classifieds and it was just an idea that crossed my mind. Id eventually like to get a total of 3" under it eventually and now with me having an XJ as a Highway runner the MJ can be suited for offroad alittle bit more.

Its not a done deal at all but was just a suggestion that crossed my mind

Well after much thought i figured it would be best to save my money for now and probably next spring when more funding becomes available go all out on a 3" Kit (LCAs, Trackbar and all) and do it all right at once. Thanks for the info but I'm gonna have to pass on this idea ;)