Rear shock length?

I need some help to make sure I order the right shocks from Edelbrock for my rear axle. I'm a little unsure of my total lift as I have MT packs installed and some yet-to-be installed Chevy shackles. The MT packs I think only netted me about 1.5", and I'm only looking to get 1" out of the shackles. Bottom line is the max lift I will have on the rear is 3" and I have no plans to ever go higher. Sooooooooooo, what should be the extended shock length I need to confirm w/Edelbrock before I order? When I looked up Monroe Senstracs online for 0-3" lifts, for the same part # it listed early 90s Toyotas, so would it stand to reason if I order an early 90s Toyota rear shock from Edelbrock it should fit? Feeling stupid today........... :help:

**Edit, I guess feeling more lazy than stupid. Was able to find some helpful info using "search", hmmm...imagine that?!. I just wanted the quick and easy I guess. Looks like if it's in the 15-25" range collapsed/extended I should be ok. My truck is a weekend "work around the house" truck, some occasional light trail running at most for off-road. Most likely use is for hauling trash and/or dirt and mulch (big loads) for landscaping aroun the house.

**Edit, I guess feeling more lazy than stupid. Was able to find some helpful info using "search", hmmm...imagine that?!. I just wanted the quick and easy I guess. Looks like if it's in the 15-25" range collapsed/extended I should be ok. My truck is a weekend "work around the house" truck, some occasional light trail running at most for off-road. Most likely use is for hauling trash and/or dirt and mulch (big loads) for landscaping aroun the house.

That will work for ya Wahoo. I have about the same lift and am using OME rears with the following specs: OME N40L (15.6"-25.8") (Actually a ZJ shock). :D

In anticipation of a small (1-2") lift, I went with Monroe Monromatic Plus shocks on the rear.

The listed application fro them is a toyota T100 pickup with the SR5 package. They are longer than stock, but I have not had any issues at stock height. They were a direct fit.

If I had to do it again, the rears seem a bit harsh. I am actually waffling on the idea of lifting it at all, and if I decide not to, I will probably swap out the rears for a pair of sensatracs that are correct for the MJ.

Specs: 1993 Toyota T100 4x4 SR5 V6 Monroe Monro-Matic Plus (32270). 15.125" compressed and 25" extended.

Bottom line is the max lift I will have on the rear is 3" and I have no plans to ever go higher.

saved for use at a future date :chillin:

Jeff

:yes: I thought I might hear from you after that comment. Ok ok, for the forseeable future..........i.e. $$

In anticipation of a small (1-2") lift, I went with Monroe Monromatic Plus shocks on the rear.

The listed application fro them is a toyota T100 pickup with the SR5 package. They are longer than stock, but I have not had any issues at stock height. They were a direct fit.

If I had to do it again, the rears seem a bit harsh. I am actually waffling on the idea of lifting it at all, and if I decide not to, I will probably swap out the rears for a pair of sensatracs that are correct for the MJ.

Specs: 1993 Toyota T100 4x4 SR5 V6 Monroe Monro-Matic Plus (32270). 15.125" compressed and 25" extended.

Is'nt the T100 a little bigger than the MJ?So their shocks would be valved for more weight? And are the XJ rears about 2" shorter?So an MJ w/3" of lift could use a XJ w/5-6" lift shock?

Is'nt the T100 a little bigger than the MJ?So their shocks would be valved for more weight?

That's a good point, and I'm glad you brought it up, because I have MT packs and, while not very often, do haul heavy loads so i would want a shock that would be more compatible with heavier weight.

That's a good point, and I'm glad you brought it up, because I have MT packs and, while not very often, do haul heavy loads so i would want a shock that would be more compatible with heavier weight.

That's exactly why I went w. the OMEs. Also have new MT packs, and haul heavy pretty often. The OMes work well smoothing the ride unloaded, and really excel under load. JMHSHO. :D :D

Is'nt the T100 a little bigger than the MJ?So their shocks would be valved for more weight?

Yes, the T100 is bigger and heavier, thus the shocks for it are valved to control a stronger (stiffer) spring). I was thinking that once I add leaves, I would need the stronger valving to control that, but now that I may not lift, I am second-guessing the use of the stronger valving.