Collapsing Upper Radiator Hose

This just started yesterday after running some errands around town. Engine temperature was normal throughout. After parking the truck and it cooled down, I popped the hood to do something and noticed the upper hose was flattened end to end. I cracked the rad cap, heard some air released, then the hose went back to normal. This hose is almost new. I stuck on a spare cap I had, took a spin, and the same thing happened again after cooldown. The line from the rad cap flange to the overflow tank is unrestricted, and this is a closed cooling system. Going to pick up a new cap anyhow, but what else could cause this? Thermostat?

Like said, I'm prettyy sure there is a spring/coil that you have to take out of the old hose and put in the new one. I had to go thru the trash to find the old hose to get the coil out of it. I thought it was only the lower hose that needed the coil tho.

Had to order a new regulation stat from the stealer and it will be here tomorrow. So I'll change that, replace the upper hose (it feels mushy even though it's fairly new), replace the cap, and the coolant. Hopefully this will correct the problem..........

Drove it all around town again today, temps ran normally and no more hose collapsing. WTF? Well, I'll pick up the new stat tomorrow and flush, replace the new parts and add new a/f. Prolly needs it anyhow - been a couple of years.