16.5" rims?

Has anyone ever seen 16.5" rims with a 5x4.5 bolt pattern? Does such a thing exist or is the only option to run adaptors?

I found some......interesting :idea: .......tires that I'd like to run on wheeling trips and the local mud bogs.

You don't want 16.5" wheels anyway. At one point they were going to discontinue that size because of safety issues and people using them on 4WD rigs for rock crawling where they had to air the tires down to low pressures. The 16.5" wheel does not have an inner safety bead like all other wheels and when the air pressure goes down...the tire comes off. 16.5" wheels are meant for trucks for a reason...they are meant to be kept at a fairly high air pressure to keep the tire on.

well I guess some background would help. We have a 3/4 yd. Loader that we're scraping at the farm. It has brand new tires (similar to bobcat treads, but more spacing b/w lugs) I could probably get all for $50. I was just wondering if they would work for a mud bog. I wouldn't be airing them down any less then if the were on the loader. Not too many big rocks around here anyhow. I might still try to make something work, we'll see.

Thanks for the info so far guys.

If your going to just run them off road. You could check into having the centers of a set of jeep rims welded into th 16.5's. That is the route I'm taking on my 77 highboy mud buggy. I got a smokin deal on some nice ag tires at a local machinery auction that are about 36" tall and 14" wide. :brows: :brows:

thats what I was thinking. If I were to run them, it'd only be offroad, i.e. I would trailer to the event. So I wouldn't be worried about balancing. I'm fairly confident I could get them square. Just wondering if it's even worth it.

Anybody ever run Bobcat tires in the mud? these are just under 33"

I have a buddy that builds demolition derby cars that used to run nothing but 15" skid loader tires on the rear of his cars. The promoters who put the derby on eventually outlawed them. Those things were awesome in the mud......Kinda like a blown, injected, supercharged,psycho rototiller on nitrous oxide........ :yes: