Gulches ORV park in SC

Ok i didnt know where to put this but i think it belongs here but Pete feel free to move it.

This is a new ORV park that has opened up in upstate SC. I have been thinking of going but i don't have a tow rig. :cry: But Ive done some sweet talking to a buddy with an atv and we might split gas and he will tow the MJ with his ATV on it. Anyways from what ive seen it seems like a decent place.I know Jeepmj_tj knows about it so he may have been but i do know that its privately owned and seems to be getting better each week.

Here is a link to the website for it http://www.gulchesorvpark.com/

Yeah its only going to get better with time. I took the truck down there back in May. lots of loose hill climbs with dirt and rocks, a few small rock gardens, mud pitts, flexy suspension test track. all kinds of goodies.

i did have to keep an I on the long bed... some of the trails were tight but doable... i have video but not any pics.. but i don't have the means to compress the video for proper internet sizing... :headpop:

Can You email it If so i would like to see it. I'm trying to decide if i want to go to UNF or Gulches??? I have heard that UNF isnt worth the drive but i don't know. Have you been to UNF??? if so which would you choose.

Cole

The video i have is a DVD that one of my friends made.

I havent been to URE in 5 years. but I probably would never go there again.

Gulches is 45 mins from me, Tellico is 2.5 hours and URE is the furthest.

I would say go check out Gulches. Let me know what weekend you would be going and Ill try and plan to meet ya down there.

No prob i don't know when it will be but my jeepin partner (I think JPN4LO is his name is on USJeeps) is deploying so it will be after he leaves in a month or two probaly. And i got to try to get an ATV for my other neigbor who is towing me cause his is for racing. I will be sure to let you know though and we can meet up. That also goes for anyone else who might want to go also..... jamminz.gif

Cole

• 3 months later...

Ok I got some gulches pics and one shorter Vid plus I added the link to the gulches forums. I am also adding this same post in the trailrides section under my gulches ORV post.

Pics

check out this grand

here is a Yamaha rhino that has Sammy axles and stuff on it

Here is alot more in a link

http://www.strom.clemson.edu/staff/pat/mog/trips/GulchesMC2/

here is the Video but it not much of the hard stuff but still good

Here are the forums for gulches

http://scripts.mit.edu/~ianb/phpBB2/index.php

Enjoy them all and maybe this can be a club trip sometime soon

Cole

• 3 weeks later...

well it sounds like a pretty cool spot.

I'm gonna go check out the website, talk to tim see if he's interested. we're kinda broke from all the work hes been doing on his and me just payin mine off... so real wheeling trips are few and far inbetween.

actually on second thought...

"You must be 18+ or accompanied by a parent while on the property. Parents must sign waiver forms before minors can enter park."

probably won't happen until july 16th..

That does suck maybe Skip can work something with you. He is the owner since its private property and his shoot him an email and maybe he can hook you up. He is a great guy anyways just let him know your a long distance away.

I think we should have a MJ meet there just to see the look on the TJ and YJ and so on and so on guys faces. I think it would be priceless specially if we showed them what our little beasts can do.

Cole

I think we should have a MJ meet there just to see the look on the TJ and YJ and so on and so on guys faces. I think it would be priceless specially if we showed them what our little beasts can do.

Cole

... maybe not MJ little beast... open diff rear with two blown ujoints in the front i think ill abstain at this point in time :brows:

but it should only be a couple weeks til ive got time ot fix the joints, and then I'm liftin it later... ive got a 35 lockright i could throw in it but I'm afraid itd be hell with a stickshift and a lockright.

It is hell and I don't recomend it for you to do...I'm selling mine. I think we should do something begining of the year with as many club members as possible going to gulches by then I can make a friend to tow me there maybe :brows: ;)

Cole

Untill you slip the locker and hit the ditch and then your crazy take offs come to an end....

Cole

eeeexactly why i didnt want it... i can screw off as much as i want open diffs... as long as it aint raining. takes alllot to break the whole @$$ end loose.

I used to do that in high school UNTIL one night I grabbed 2nd yes with my 2.5 and something started vibrating until i got to 50 so i pulled over to call my dad and he said drive home and take it easy....Soo i got home and he met me outside. as soon as he look under the MJ he seen the pumkin had broken loose and rotated straight up. :eek: the vibs were the bolts for the U-joint grinding themselves off. My dad used to drag race back in the muscle car days and said he had never in his life seen this. It was crazy needless to say i now have a diff axle after that one was fixed I didnt trust it to wheel.

Cole

I used to do that in high school UNTIL one night I grabbed 2nd yes with my 2.5 and something started vibrating until i got to 50 so i pulled over to call my dad and he said drive home and take it easy....Soo i got home and he met me outside. as soon as he look under the MJ he seen the pumkin had broken loose and rotated straight up. :eek: the vibs were the bolts for the U-joint grinding themselves off. My dad used to drag race back in the muscle car days and said he had never in his life seen this. It was crazy needless to say i now have a diff axle after that one was fixed I didnt trust it to wheel.

Cole

:eek: the pumpkin rotated on the tubes? or the whole axle rotated?

wth. thats NUTS... usually i just make alot of noise and take off really fast :brows: more worried about the BA10 than the axle at this point... but I'm not THAT worried because if i blow the tranny stock my parents will help me out... howeveerrr if i lift it and the tranny goes... theyll say its my fault. so I'm hopin it goes before i lift it.

Yeah it rotated on the tubes. We put it n reverse and revd her up and dumped the clutch with a jack stand under the pinion and it was back right. After welding the crap out of it including filling the hole for the spreader to go in I was back driving. Needless to say I don't play around like that anymore.

Cole