pure madness

sinnaevd

In my area there is a man by the name of EDIT: Mr. K, he runs a jeep only repair shop. rumour had it that he owned 3 barns (like big massive farm barns) full of strictly jeep parts. I have just been informed that he will be selling a massive chunk of his inventory. I am going to try and get my hands a hold of as many D44's as i can. I know the last time i asked him he had 7 out of jeep comanche's, and a whole slew of em out of cherokee's. anyone interested in traveling to get them? I'm basically living in detroit, if no one knows where windsor ontario is.

that's what I was thinkin. I'm not looking to profit from this in n e way, just to help everyone who wants an upgrade. I will call the guy tonight and see what his prices are. i'veheard he's great do deal with, but I seem to have bad luck seeing as how i'm so young. ppl just don't take fat ppl seriously... :cry:

if he trully does have that many from MJ's then see if he would cut us a break on pricing for some sort of group buy. I could put 4 of them in the MJ. I know I'd certainly be interested in a d44 as next years project.

MMM, d44 with discs and an ARB :)

the guy is bein an EFFin A-hole. When I Called he said he would sell me one for 200, I asked if he would be willing to sell all of them, he said no but most of them. I then asked how much, he said 200 a peice, willing ot sell 5. I said cool, can I perhaps buy all 5? he said no, that's not fair. I said what's the diff as long as ur getting ur $? he said he wants to spread them around. I then told him the idea I had in mind, he called me an idiot, a liar and hung up the phone. i was a little agrivated, but decided to drive there n e way to see if he was for real or not. i looked around, seen the one barn. it was legit, a ton of stuff. I was told only aloud 1, and that's my tuesday night story

That's BS. Gimme a number, I'll call him and say you'll be spreading them around to Jeepers that can't find such creatures.

$200 isn't horrible, as long as they're in good shape with usable drums and backing plates. If they're in piss poor shape and need totally rebuilt I'll just go and find an 8.8 I can get those for cheap.

If anyone wnats an 8.8 with caliper brackets, I've got a wide variety of gear ratios to choose from at the local yard. $200 and I'll go and get one, we'll even work out delivery.

i know a few guys form ly local jeep club who are willing to "pick" em up and toss em back to my place later. will keep u guys posted if the plan falls through. I'v enever seen someone be so difficult to work with :cry:

BTW, the parts MJ i am acquiring has a D44 with 4.10 gears, i need 4.56, so i was thinking of trading it to someone who is in need of 4.10 (always gotta help a fellow jeeper)

would n e one be possibly interested. this is definately a feeler, so don't go making immediate plans or n e thing, i hate to dissappoint

see that's unfortunate. i love helping guys out whether its something i don'tneed of will never use (like the hoosier slicks i picked up for free). for instance when I switch my trans to an aw4. if someone on here needed a trans, they could have that one. i know htere wouldn't be much of a market here for it, so i would sell it for about 50 bucks n e way. or if soeone needed the d35, 4.56 gearing, away it goes (although that one i would probably keep). i dunno i believe in helping out n e on eif I can, but for someone to turn around and screw soeone else. is just plain wrong. not to mention, it stops you from returning the helping favour. so now u don't want to give free parts (which i definately don't want to blame u for) and there's less comanche community happiness :cheers:

boo-urns on stupid ppl

i

BTW, the parts MJ i am acquiring has a D44 with 4.10 gears, i need 4.56, so i was thinking of trading it to someone who is in need of 4.10 (always gotta help a fellow jeeper)

would n e one be possibly interested. this is definately a feeler, so don't go making immediate plans or n e thing, i hate to dissappoint

Give girsmj86 a ring on that. You're alot closer to him than I am....

Jeff

He probrably thinks you are going to buy them all and put them on ebay. I had one person I gave some old parts to try and sell them on a local board.. needless to say.. I rarely give parts away anymore

Yeah, I'll bet that's what he figures. And it's obvious why -- eBay has become a haven for opportunists and rip-off artists.

Evebn worse the a haven for rip-offs, and con artist.. it has raised the price of parts to astronomical propotions... for parts that would normally be thrown out... or sold dirt cheap.

Also... ppl began to think their crap was rare.. cause they don't see to many on ebay

that rare thing is abig one. and if they are stuck on it, you certainly offend em when you tell them there stuff is not rare, it is actually poopoo. i sually leve my name number and a price I am willing to go. works for buying used cars. should work for jeep stuf fin my area, there's no real demand to sell jeep stuff here