Yo tengo una pregunta.......axle question

With and angle grinder, welder and a pair of new perches the XJ can be made to work quite easily. I imagine the grand can too, but there'd be more stuff to cut off.

A popular upgrade is a Ford 8.8 out of a 95 (?) and newer Explorer. Stronger axle, same bolt pattern, disc brakes. it is a bit narrower, though, so you might want to run wheel spacers.

If I remember any of this information wrong I'm sure someone will correct me.

I'm not a fan of rear discs. Just personal preference I guess. Well that and the fact that if you go through mud and muck, drums will do a little better job keeping the crap off of your brakes. Also depending on what you are going to be doing wheeling wise and what size tires you are going to run, the Dana 35 might not be beefy enough. The Chrysler 8.25 out of a cherokee is a good axle you could pick up decently cheap and is beefier than a 35. Just food for thought. But if your looking for discs, the 35 will be your cheapest option. GL with the install.

I prefer duo servo drums in the rear rather than disc. If it were single servo (non self energizing) it would be a different story though. I will be putting a XJ 8.25 into the MJ soon and since I have to move that perches anyway I will be going with a SOA setup to get the lift.