Most Comfortable Stock Bucket Seat?

For the guys who have had multiple XJ/MJ's and have had a chance to sit in the various styles of buckets, which one is the best?

The basic bucket? I have this one, and even though it is small, the bolsters are quite nice.

The Laredo Buckets? These have the very large bolsters, and wide bottom, and they are much taller.

Leather? Even though they are rare, I'm assuming they are the same as the laredo seat, only covered in leather...

Since I have the basic buckets, are the Laredo buckets that much better? Mine are tattered, torn, and sagging. I want to swap them.

As for cleaning them...I know any junkyard seay I find will be dirty...can they be simple green'd and hosed down?

Thanks for any insight.

I've had the bench, then basic buckets, and now the Laredo big bolster buckets. And that's the order of comfortable-ness. Hands down, the Laredo buckets are the best for back and lateral support.

The covers can be removed fairly easily for cleaning in the washing machine.

Thanks hornbrod. Good to know the skins can be machine-washable. As for the adjustments...did the laredo seats ever come with manual adjustments or just power? Id like to keep the manual seat with the "rocking-chair" feature, but have the laredo seats. Can I just mount the Laredo seats to my manual seat brackets? Can I also put the laredo seatback on my exisitng seat frame so I can still fold the seats forward? Or do I need to find 2 door seats?

Also, since I have an XJ...don't know if anyone would know this...does the rear bench skin come off too, so that can be machine washed?

Thanks. :waving:

Thanks hornbrod. Good to know the skins can be machine-washable. As for the adjustments...did the laredo seats ever come with manual adjustments or just power? Id like to keep the manual seat with the "rocking-chair" feature, but have the laredo seats. Can I just mount the Laredo seats to my manual seat brackets? Can I also put the laredo seatback on my exisitng seat frame so I can still fold the seats forward? Or do I need to find 2 door seats?

Also, since I have an XJ...don't know if anyone would know this...does the rear bench skin come off too, so that can be machine washed? Thanks. :waving:

They came with power, manual, and/or the "rocking chair" feature. Yes you can mount the seats on your existing brackets. I know the seat bottoms are interchangible, so I would ASSume the 2-door seat backs will swap out too.

My seats are from a 2-door Laredo XJ mounted on MJ manual brackets w. the Laredo door panels.

You'll want the door panels from a 4-door. The 2-door panels are too big unless you have a 2-door XJ? :brows:

Gots me a 2door XJ. ;)

I just hang out here because of the predominant Renix era rigs, members attention to detail, and overall friendly atmosphere. Oh and my general lust for MJ's.

Hope you guys don't mind.

And thanks again hornbrod, you're a big help.

Don, that chrome tray you have in the normal floor shift position of your center console, that wouldn't be a magnetized parts tray you are using is it?

No, it's a Ikea s/s soap dish. :D BUT you have given me a good idea Wahoo-man. :cheers:

Don, that chrome tray you have in the normal floor shift position of your center console, that wouldn't be a magnetized parts tray you are using is it?

Its a soap dish... Gezzz man don't you read anything anymore???? lol j/k'n I remember him saying something about it not long ago... I remember because I just one of those magy ones in my truck... just happened to be there when working on the dash, and never moved... lol.. Does make a good lil tray though, to bad change isnt made from iron, or a nickel is.. well nickel.

EDIT---dang I need to concentrate on one thing at a time... Don beat me to it!

No, it's a Ikea s/s soap dish. :D BUT you have given me a good idea Wahoo-man. :cheers:

Ikea? Well then, it's not just any soap dish, it's a SA-VEEDISH SHOAP DISH! :clapping: