fan dosnt cut off and runs bat dead!

The stock electric fan on my radiator doesn’t shut off sometimes so I have it unplugged right now. Has any one else had this problem. I’m contemplating just putting a switch on the dash to manually cut it on and off. but I rather have it working the way it is suppose to. :ack:

i forgot to tell you that this is on my 98 xj :oops:

The stock electric fan on my radiator doesn’t shut off sometimes so I have it unplugged right now. Has any one else had this problem. I’m contemplating just putting a switch on the dash to manually cut it on and off. but I rather have it working the way it is suppose to. :ack:

i forgot to tell you that this is on my 98 xj :oops:

To make sure it's the relay, lift the cover of your Power Distribution Center (PDC) and ID the Aux Fan relay by the diagram on the cover. Pull it, then swap in the adjacent relay, it's the same part number relay. If the fan still runs, the problem is elsewhere, if it doesn't, the aux fan relay is bad.

I had my electric fan run on a toggle in my 88 XJ, but the power was from the accessory spot on the fusebox. Gave me control of it and it always shut off when the truck was off.

mine is dual-controlled. when I turn on the a/c, it comes on as it should from factory. it also comes on when the temp. sender says it's too hot.

I also have it wired to a relay, with a switch that is supplied with constant power.

I figure that way, if/when I over heat on the trail...I can leave the fan on and shut the truck off, and pop the hood.