Buying a CPS

I'm beginning to think that the CPS is what is causing my hassle with having problems starting my 1990 MJ. I'd like to get a new one but because it is a costly and very integral item I am wondering if there are brands out there that others have had problems with and could tell me to keep away from?

Is this something that I should grab from the dealership? (Taz could you give me a ballpark dealership price?)

No rush on this - it'll be a few weeks before I get one...

Thanks in Advance

I'm beginning to think that the CPS is what is causing my hassle with having problems starting my 1990 MJ. I'd like to get a new one but because it is a costly and very integral item I am wondering if there are brands out there that others have had problems with and could tell me to keep away from?

Is this something that I should grab from the dealership? (Taz could you give me a ballpark dealership price?)

No rush on this - it'll be a few weeks before I get one...

Thanks in Advance

The dealership is the best place to buy one. Quality varies too much on aftermarket ones.

:cheers:

i only use mopar sensors on my truck.when i worked at the jeep/dodge dealership 7 years ago i used my employee discount and replaced every sensor except the knock sensor on my truck.i have seen several different crank sensors fail or not work at all from the aftermarket.i to this day still use mopar plug wires because they're not that expensive and are better than anything in the parts store.

i only use mopar sensors on my truck.when i worked at the jeep/dodge dealership 7 years ago i used my employee discount and replaced every sensor except the knock sensor on my truck.i have seen several different crank sensors fail or not work at all from the aftermarket.i to this day still use mopar plug wires because they're not that expensive and are better than anything in the parts store.

As for sensors I agree, when I buy plug wires they are stock OE or Mopar Performance.