Bigger gas tank?

Well, fellows. My fuel guage is not working properly. I have a 91 lwb truck. I just filled up with 23.736 gallons of gas at 2.139 per gallon for a total of $50.77 The pump stopped and I added about one more quart of gas.

For what ever it is worth. I had 349.9 miles on this fill up. That means 14.74 miles per gallon. Now, I have 235/75 x 15 tires, so the odometer may be off by something.

God, I need to look at a diesel conversion. Anyone with some ideas or examples??

I was just looking at the parts listings I have and it shows that in 92 (for my truck) there was an 18 and a 23.5 gal available. I haven't run my truck out of gas, but I have run it really low, and the most I have been able to put in is 13.5 gal. Being mine is a short bed, it should have the 18 gallon tank, but I don't think that thing still has 4.5 gallons left in it.

I think I'll fill a gas jug and drive the truck out of gas and do the math to see what happens.

I am currently figuring out a dual tank set up, since I have the tank out of my old truck. Near as I can figure, I can set it up with saddle tanks with some custom mounts, and plumbing. I'll have to shorten the exhaust up, but there should be enough room to do it.