Help Please...

Okay so here's the deal. I lifted my truck 4.5 inches a few weeks ago. Then i was driving the other day and i broke my pinion yoke. I replaced it and now it is like the truck won't get up and go, it feels like it going to snap. I loosened the yoke because i thought I tightened it up too much. and retightened all the rear end suspension stuff, because it looked like there was too much movement in the rear end, and now everytime i get on it then let off or push in the clutch, it makes this obnoxious growling noise. :dunno: It kinda feels and sounds like the noise is coming from the front of the drive shaft but I'm not sure. So i parked it and I have no idea what to do now... Does anyone have any ideas? :hmm:

If you broke the yoke on your axle input, than I'm assuming you dropped (or dragged) your d-shaft as well when you had that happen. With that being said I'd check your d-shaft as you could of damaged it at the joint, and/or trashed a u-joint that is causing the growling.

I'd inspect the d-shaft first, than if that is fine pull the cover on the diff and inspect inside of it.

Funny thing, I think I'm getting the same noise you are. I just swapped my D35 for a D44 and got the noise the first time I drove it. It's only there under constant throttle or acceleration, as soon as I lift my foot of the gas even just a little, it goes away. I figured it was just the gears being noisy, since it doesn't seem to get any louder with higher speeds or any condition at all. Hmm perhaps a bad u-joint could be the reason then? How hard is that to fix/replace?

thanks for the input guys. Yeah, i tightened the yoke, and got rid of the growling noise. However, when I punch it, it is still bogging down and getting a knocking noise under my feet, then i let off a little and then the truck wants to get up and go. I'm thinking about getting a new rear end. If i wait too long before i get a new one will it cause any other damage? Maybe to the front end anywhere? Because that is where the knocking noise is coming from.