nope, never offered in comanches. I stress this, others may not but they're wrong. it wasn't available in an MJ (though in 86 you could get a full time case a 229 or 228)

swap...more straight forward than the swap into your TJ. xj's and mj's share tunnels and drivetrain, so...

nope, never offered in comanches. I stress this, others may not but they're wrong. it wasn't available in an MJ (though in 86 you could get a full time case a 229 or 228)

swap...more straight forward than the swap into your TJ. xj's and mj's share tunnels and drivetrain, so...

Good to know thanks. I know my AW4 and 242 were from a 98 and 97 XJ. Would I be correct in thinking that I would need a 242 from a pre 97 XJ due to the output shaft spline count (so I don't have to swap an input gear)?

Good to know thanks. I know my AW4 and 242 were from a 98 and 97 XJ. Would I be correct in thinking that I would need a 242 from a pre 97 XJ due to the output shaft spline count (so I don't have to swap an input gear)?

depends on what you got for a truck. mid 1990 and later were 23 spline, mid 1990 and earlier were 27 spline.

take that into account when you pick up a t-case.

mid 1990 and later were 23 spline, mid 1990 and earlier were 27 spline.

You've got that backwards. The early one's were the lower splined one's..

Plus they were never offered in 27, it's 23 and 21. So I'm assuming the "7" was meant to be a "1".

you're correct I meant 21 spline.

but you're incorrect. I don't have it backwards at all.

mid 1990 and later were 23 spline, mid 1990 and earlier were 27 spline.

You've got that backwards. The early one's were the lower splined one's..

Plus they were never offered in 27, it's 23 and 21. So I'm assuming the "7" was meant to be a "1".

So...if the 7 were a 1, then he doesn't have it backwards... ;)

Who's on first...what's on second...I don't know's on third... :rotf: