Ford Radias arms

Hey guys. I also have the ford radius arm setup. I used costum frame mounts for the arms. I have 9.5" Rustys lift coils and all I did was flip the coil mounts from one side to the other. It looks almost perfect. I have had good luck with this simple setup. jamminz.gif

Need pics!!!

i think some red-green tape would be the best bet. seems to fix everything

I wonder how many here will understand the reference to the handy man's secret weapon? :brows: :rotf: :yes:

red green is my hero.

they used to play it on PBS all the time.

same with red dwarf.

Pete... can you tell me what to set the caster at on the Ford axle?

As it stands right now.. I am waiting to pick up some f-150 coil buckets this evening, but the axle is ready to install :D I just need the coil buckets so I can Dial in the caster, and start reinforcing the frame with some 4x4x1/4 angle :brows: Once I get that all said and done.. it will be finished.

Incidently I am going to need to buy a new set of coils, cause it seems that the passenger side one is deformed... undoubtedly from the way the PO had the suspension setup :mad:

Now for how Casper drew blood on me, and sent me to the hospital :eek: I was working under it... removing the drag link, I undid the nut, and set down the wrench when.... THUMP.... the drag link hit me in the forehead :thwak: Thus sending blood running down my face, and making my white t-shirt a nice color of crimson :mad: a short trip to the hospital to make sure I didnt need stitches, and I was done.. but all the same Casper will get a proper beating once I get the front suspension straight

Your prob one of the biggest posters on the forum and you don't know how to post them...Just kidding....I really can't believe that....can we get pics of your head trama to i just want to see what a drag link will do cause i think ive covered everything else on the vehicle but that.lol

Cole

It's easy to post pics since you have them uploaded somewhere already. Just keep clicking on the image 'til it's as big as it gets. Then right click and copy the address of the image itself. Come here and click on Img, then paste the address, then click on /Img again. Done!

As to caster, I haven't a clue. I do remember that, in a stock 78 Bronco, the arms are pretty much parallel to the ground. Since my arms are also, I just went with stock C-bushings. If you find you need more caster, other poly bushings exsist out there, I think in 4 and 7 degree versions but don't hold me to those numbers.

well I went and picked up the coil buckets, and got the coils, and shocks hooked up

here you can see how it will lok from the side

here you can see it with the trac bar hooked up

with the drag link and trac bar hooked...

this thing has really good steering angles

lastly is a side view... the hi-lift and jack stands barely have any weight on them... so this is how it will look when complete.

I am going to say better then 5"+ it is clearing the 33's real easily, but the fenders are hacked. I am hoping that tomorow(today) I can go pick up some 4x4x1/4 angle at the scrap yard to make my mounts... I all ready got the steel to make my rock rails, and a few other things, With a lil time.. the radias arm d44's can be made to work well...I know Pete's looks and does good, I just hope mine does as well

• 4 weeks later...

Well this project has been sitting in front of my garage waiting for me to get motivated. Well today I did some more work on it. I finally finished making the crossmember, whish is nothing more then some srap steel I had laying around. If I decide to keep this rig, I will do some further work on it, and make it better/stronger. Here is a pic of the x-member

Well I mounted up the x-member, and then realized I need to re-do it cause I didn't clearance it for the driveshaft :wall: if that wasnt a bone head move.. I don't know what is :smart: Well at least I was able to move Casper from in front of the garage comanche.gif The wifey has been :rant: about it for a few weeks now.

I aLso found out that I am going to need some kinda spacer to level the rig out. Here is a pic of what it looks like