Circuit City is going out of business good deals to be had

wolfpackjeeper

All I have to say is do your research first. most of the items at the beginning are marked up to MSRP and then marked down from there. some things you can get for a very good price but it will be hard to get a spectacular deal because in the time that it takes it to get down to that price someone with less sense then you said "wow what a bargain" and took it for the OK discounted price.

on a side note all I ask is that you try to be as nice as you can to the employees, I'm not saying don't get pissed if they are being an @$$, I'm just saying don't get pissed if they tell you the price of something and you do not agree. the employees of circuit no longer have any say in what the prices are, are going to be, and how much they were.

I work at circuit city and I have seen and heard my fair share of people that I would like very much to punch in the face. from comments like "there are no bargains here" (which is not bad but to hear it 10 times a day in varying degree of annoyance really gets to you) to "wow this place sucks no wonder they are going out of business" (because you had a bad customer experience means that 32,000 people deserve to be jobless). everyone working there know that they will not have a job in about a month or whenever the decide to close down that particular store. if you were put in that position and then verbally abused by customers all day long, it would be pretty hard to keep a nice face on.

End of off tangent rant.

other then that keep an eye out for great deals and do your research to make sure that great deal is in fact all that great.

Jonathan

That is what sucks about chap 7 bankruptcy. The company I work for just filled for chap 11. I am sorry to hear of your fate.. I pray it doesnt happen to me.

At least in my area they are telling you in the adds how much they are taking off the price. Car Audio is 40% camera's 25% I believe tv's are 25, Cd's and DVD's is like 10-25%. While not great deals.. still better then no discount.

a lot of the people working those stores now are not circuit city employees, they work for the liquidating companies that have been brought it. so, a little easier for them to be nice and friendly. most industry experts have said CC's downfall was that they were too slow to change after Best Buy snuck up on them.

a lot of the people working those stores now are not circuit city employees, they work for the liquidating companies that have been brought it. so, a little easier for them to be nice and friendly. most industry experts have said CC's downfall was that they were too slow to change after Best Buy snuck up on them.

not positive about other stores but I'm pretty sure that most of the people working are still circuit city staff. at my store we have one person that is in charge from the liquidation company. he is in charge of at least 2 stores. other then that it is all people that have worked there for a while.

The people I saw at the store were still CC employees. I think one of CC's downfalls was from a few years ago when the owner fired the majority of full time staffing and refilled with a bunch of parttimers. I noticed the difference in customer service. There were more workers playing with stuff than helping. I started going to BB even though it was further away and didn't have as good of deals. Another example of poor leadership. Sorry about your job loss.

circuit made a lot of stupid decisions, the one you are talking about is probably the dumbest. they decided to fire... or "separate" some of the more knowledgeable higher payed associates and replace them with new associates so they could start them off at the base pay. they even offered to hire some of the employees back, how nice... did i mention that they were hired back at significantly less pay? yea a$$hole move on their part, a few of my good friends lost their jobs on that round.