Has anyone built a single round tube/pipe rear bumper??

I need to get a bumper built for the back of my 1987 MJ that has an integrated hitch built into it.

I'm thinking about a single tube rear bumper, that would be 3" in diameter, and would be built in this way.

The tube would be pushed as far forward as possible, and the corners of the tube would be cut so that the ends would only be half the circle of the tube.

A set of bumper mounting brackets would mount to the side and the bottom of the frame, and pass completly through the bumper main tube where there will be clevise hooks attached.

There will also be a 2" reciever hitch that is passed through the center of the tube. Due to the clearence behind the main tube, a hole may need cut in the bump of the side to side bed support that is buldged for the spare tire.

I envision this bumper looking like the heavy duty steel ones that are found on alot of drilling industry trucks, and utility company trucks.

Anyone built a bumper like this for an MJ??

I believe I did something similar to what you're thinking, only with square tube, I had to cut through the spare tire sheetmetal (though I can't seem to find a good pic showing that). If you have any interest in towing or extraction, I suggest using way more (and bigger and stronger) bolts than stock.

i havesome tubes u might be interested in i will try to get pics tomaro thay are as long as a old bronco about 3 or 4 inches around and wall is 1/2 or more thick

i can hardly pic the up and carry them thay would have to be picked up yours if u want them going to scrap soonif u don't