Doesnt start

Fuel pump is working, and it doesnt do this all the time, i try and sometimes it just won't star by any reason and then after an hour i go and try again and starts like nothing is wrong and keeps working fine for a couple days...

what could this be?

Specs:

2.5l engine, 1988 Mj, manual trans

Thanks Red

I`ll check for spark this afternoon, also some one told me that it could be the crank sensor

does some body have a picture of it (Mechanic on trainning :oops: jajaja) so i can see what I am looking for? or where is it located?

thanks in advance for your help guys

The CPS would be my suspect as well. If you are not getting spark, it's likely because of the CPS being/going bad. As you can see in Pete's pics, it is located in about the 11 o'clock position on the bell housing and can be a little tough to get to.

Guys it was the CPS , it was all dirty ...

used a cleanning spray on it , waited for it to dry and then i started the engine , worked just great!

BLHTAZ .- it was kind of a pain in the neck to reach for that little magnet on the bellhousing thanks a lot man jamminz.gif

also I took a look in the Spark plugs just to be sure there was no moist on them, checked the starter wiring and seems to be fine...

Once again : Thanks to all for your help