Noob with a few questions

hey guys ever since i first saw a comanche i have wanted one....well i got one 1986 ($250) with a bad ax5 transmission...its got the 2.8 V6 and a 5 speed 2wd...the motor runs as well as one could expect for 22 year old motor...i need to get this truck moving so here are my questions....

will the tranny from a 1991 2wd cherokee 5 spd manual fit in place of the tranny in my 86 comanche (its 2wd 5 speed also)...if not where can i find a tranny for it??? i lost all gears except 4...i was told that all of the gears run on a counter gear except 4th...when i drained the tranny almost no fluid came out...so i put some in and drainded that and there was some metal in that fluid...i filled it with synthetic in hopes that if it had fluid it would regain the lost gears...no such luck...i need some help.... also would the tranny from a 2.8lv6 s10 of the same year work???

thanks for all of the help

If the 91 is a 2.5L, then yes. If it's a 4.0L, no. The 4.0 transmissions have a different bolt pattern Any AX-4 or AX-5 from behind any year 2.5L (or the older 2.8L) will work fine for you. car-part.com might be of some help. It's a search engine for junkyards. Be sure to search for multiple years of MJ or XJ since there cold be a part number change that limits off the search. Any year will work. :D

--Pete