Starting Problems on 1992 Comanche 4.0 Pioneer

I got this truck about a month ago and this starting issue is something new. The truck has full battery power (all systems go) and when I turning the ignition to start...nothing. I take the negative lead off, wait a few minutes, and bam...she starts. The guys at O'Reillys state that my starter is fine and so is the battery. Could my starter have a fault in the solenoid or should I just install a new connection to the battery or replace starter. My truck has 94k for miles. Is it time to put on a new one, but I have not had any signals as to it going bad. Thanks for your time jeepers creepers.

Conan

Does the starter solenoid click at all? First thing to do is disconnect and clean up both battery terminals, body ground connections, and the starter cable connection. Check out the condition of the battery cables too for burnt insulation and/or broken wires. Your cables might need replacing.

Post up some more info on the '92, like engine, tranny.

If you disconnect the negative at the battery, and wait, then reconnect it, dose the starter take off on it's own, or do you need to turn the key???

If it takes off on it's own, then the solenoid is stuck in the open position.

With these trucks, the starter and the solenoid are seprate, you can just replace the solenoid, that mounted to the starter for like $35, but the whole starter and solenoid are $85.......for the couple of $$........ :hmm:

But as other have written........check your wires and connections first.

starter does not take off on its own. I have to turn the ignition over. I think I will start with the cables and go from there. Thanks a ton. If anybody else has suggestions, please feel free to get me going. I traded in my 06 Toyota to get this thing and it is killing me to have these nit picky things stopping me. I am about to throw a wrench through the window.

I traded in my 06 Toyota to get this thing and it is killing me to have these nit picky things stopping me. I am about to throw a wrench through the window.

:cheers: That is a big part of the "Jeep Thing" that most people don't understand... You love to hate them... :thumbsup: . They can be VERY irritating at times, but when you work through it, you are all the more proud of what you have...thus the addiction.

it is killing me to have these nit picky things stopping me.

Yea, we all get frustrate at the stupid little things too.........But, we all got to be :nuts: owing these 20 year old trucks..........and there what, over 2,000 members here........ :doh:

We still love the MJ's thought :D

I traded in my 06 Toyota to get this thing and it is killing me to have these nit picky things stopping me. I am about to throw a wrench through the window.

No worries mate, it only gets worse. :D The "nit picky things" never stop w. these trucks. But don't let it stop you or get you down. In time you'll develop the same love/hate relationship we all have for out respective rigs. And this is a great bunch here, always willing to help you out. :cheers: