2.5 lifespan

well my tired ol 88 2.5 is pushin 265,000 miles, should i be gettin leary of it? last time i checked compression all were around 125 if i member correctly, i am kinda concerned cause it makes 2 1500 miles trips every year and i really don't feel like having it blow halfway home.

As long as it's got good compression and is running well, don't worry about it. Mileage is just a number, not a benchmark of when to replace it. Keep the fluids clean and keep up on the maintenance and it will probably roll over 300k without a hitch, especially if it's mostly highway mileage. :chillin:

well my tired ol 88 2.5 is pushin 265,000 miles, should i be gettin leary of it? last time i checked compression all were around 125 if i member correctly, i am kinda concerned cause it makes 2 1500 miles trips every year and i really don't feel like having it blow halfway home.

well, its hard saying without hearing the motor. if its got no knocks or rattles or bangs then yeah. probabally good to go. have you though of running a thicker oil? maybe 20-50?

If the timing chain has a lot of slack, then a new chain will put the cam timing back where it is supposed to be. Cam timing affects power greatly. (mine still wasn't burning oil either. The blowby disappeared at the same time. I figure it was mostly from the chain hitting the timing cover as it was noisy!)

well, its hard saying without hearing the motor. if its got no knocks or rattles or bangs then yeah. probabally good to go. have you though of running a thicker oil? maybe 20-50?

it has some sort of a grinding noise but i don't know where it is coming from. hopefully its just an idler