Why won't it TURN! (Found the problem FOR REAL THIS TIME)

Loctite does not belong on main, rod, or head bolts, period.

:agree: That is correct according to the FSM

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. jamminz.gif

Actually the '90 FSM says head bolt #11 should be coated with Locktite 592.

That is a thread sealer because #11 headbolt goes in to a water jacket. That is also why it has different torque specs. "Loctite" is just a brand name. ( or did you know this and are just being a smart donkey? :D )

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul.

not to cause concern...

but, at this point in th build, with the fact that a professional assembled this improperly...

do you really want to just do the minimal on the motor and toss it back together?

were it me, the pistons would be coming out and I would check to make sure all the rings are where they belong. I'd also check timing to see if it's even close to correct, and then I'd make sure it's timed to run on your computer application (i.e. renix and H.O. have different timing)

now is the time to make sure everything else is right.

Paul.

not to cause concern...

but, at this point in th build, with the fact that a professional assembled this improperly...

do you really want to just do the minimal on the motor and toss it back together?

were it me, the pistons would be coming out and I would check to make sure all the rings are where they belong. I'd also check timing to see if it's even close to correct, and then I'd make sure it's timed to run on your computer application (i.e. renix and H.O. have different timing)

now is the time to make sure everything else is right.

Good advice even though I don't like it. I guess seeing how this is the first engine that I've broken down, I'm scared of screwing something up. Ok, so I'll pull the pistons and check the rings and post some pic's. I'd planned on checking the timing while putting it back together at which time I'll probably have more questions. Thanks for everyone's help and pulling me through this.

:cheers:

That is a thread sealer because #11 headbolt goes in to a water jacket. That is also why it has different torque specs. "Loctite" is just a brand name. ( or did you know this and are just being a smart donkey? :D )

Eyesore, Eyesore. :clapping:

fixed it :D

that's what two pages on whether or not to use loctite on is...