The forever Project

I have been working on this pile of rust since 2003. Most of it has been done on weekends, when I had some time. I know of many people who have done what I did in one weekend, or a little more, and I don't care.

Image Not Found

I still need a floor, and I should hook up the t-case lever (don't know why, its always going to be in 4-low).

sorry about the big pic

Brian

I have been working on this pile of rust since 2003. Most of it has been done on weekends, when I had some time. I know of many people who have done what I did in one weekend, or a little more, and I don't care.

Image Not Found

I still need a floor, and I should hook up the t-case lever (don't know why, its always going to be in 4-low).

sorry about the big pic

Brian

Do you have any other pictures?

Any info on it, lift, tires, axles, etc?

yeah, the short arms are going to have to go, but I am going to wheel it for a while before I do that.

Here's a link to all of the pics I have of the Jeep.

Suspension:

Rubicon Express 4.5" lift front with ACOS

Front axle: Waggy Dana 44, 4.56 gears, ARB Locker

Rear axle: Ford 9" with mini spool, 31 spline moser shafts SOA

35"x15.5 Swamper SX tires on Allied beadlocks

yeah, the short arms are going to have to go, but I am going to wheel it for a while before I do that.

Here's a link to all of the pics I have of the Jeep.

Suspension:

Rubicon Express 4.5" lift front with ACOS

Front axle: Waggy Dana 44, 4.56 gears, ARB Locker

Rear axle: Ford 9" with mini spool, 31 spline moser shafts SOA

35"x15.5 Swamper SX tires on Allied beadlocks

How hard was it to swap the axles in?

Are you using Rubicon Express short arms?

Are you running the inline 6 engine or have you swapped something else in????????

Are you running the inline 6 engine or have you swapped something else in????????

Axle swap was not hard, but I do not recommend the rubicon express mount kit with the Waggy front (the TNT kit looks better). I had a friend weld the brackets on the front and new spring pads on the rear, if I would have tried that I am sure it would have failed right away.

I have the Rubicon short arms for now, but hope to go long arm later.

Engine is bone stock 4.0 Renix. Exhaust was modified by the previous owner (no cat, y-pipe into dual worn out Thrush glasspack mufflers).

Brian :banana:

Axle swap was not hard, but I do not recommend the rubicon express mount kit with the Waggy front (the TNT kit looks better). I had a friend weld the brackets on the front and new spring pads on the rear, if I would have tried that I am sure it would have failed right away.

I have the Rubicon short arms for now, but hope to go long arm later.

Engine is bone stock 4.0 Renix. Exhaust was modified by the previous owner (no cat, y-pipe into dual worn out Thrush glasspack mufflers).

Brian :banana:

Cool.... love the size of tires and the offset that the axles add!

I got a little turned on when I saw the "dual" exhaust... Thought you had something

hidding under the hood.... lol

• 7 months later...

Only updates are

The Comanche runs great now, I unhooked the EGR, and slowly poured a half quart of ATF down the throttle body. I also have a floor (which looks like crap, but works) :clapping:

and slowly poured a half quart of ATF down the throttle body

:huh???:

You realize what ATF stands for - Automatic Transmission Fluid? It works much better in automatic transmissions. :hmm:

Willy

That's how you fill up the transmission. Duh Willy! You should know that.

• 1 month later...

I was told that it would help clean out the motor, and I think it did help.

Here it is on a rest run, I realized that I forgot to tighten up the LCA mounts. Going to put it through it's paces this weekend, will post up pics of the aftermath, and maybe a few action shots too.

Image Not Found

nice little flex shot

Image Not Found

later that day (yes that is a water/mud line on the headlight, a little deep)

Image Not Found

Broke the tow strap, I should have used mine (it was new) now I need a new radiator (that one had 10 miles on it)

Image Not Found

• 1 month later...