replacing windsheild

BPB

I have been reading about how to replace your wind shield. There are three different common methods of sealing a wind shield. One is a rubber gasket, th other is adhiesive tape, and the other is a poly urithane adhiesive. does anyone know what method is used on mj's?

Definitely have it done by someone with the tools and know-how. Pretty much all modern vehicles the windshield is held in with urethane. A glass guy told me they have to be certified because the strength of the body/glass joint basically doubles the strength of the roof section vs. no windshield.

I don't have the money to have it done, and i have a parts rig. I got the tool set for $16 at harbor freight. I am going to practice on vehicles at u-pull-it until i get it down. I'll do a write up, I was told by a former glass guy that it isn't that hard.

Man I would love to replace my windshield. At this time of the year when the sun is going down and your headed due west into it you can see every micro chip in mine. Looks pretty bad as it is the orginal. I would have a pro do it but I was wondering what it ran you cost wise? The world has got to look a heck of a lot better too.

Go Horns!! Look out Tide your next!

I Replaced mine On my 1980 Malibu my fiberglass Hood came up and smashed the window. It isnt hard. But its not a place on the vehicle to cut corners on. i used a lot of the adhesive. so it squished out but malibus also have a window trim that goes over.

I would have a pro do it but I was wondering what it ran you cost wise? The world has got to look a heck of a lot better too.

Didn't cost me a dime. Insurance paid for it.

Actually, I pay for it every month in the premium for $0 deductible comprehensive. But since between my vehicles I seem to go through pretty moch a windshield every year, it's worth it.

And then there's the kamikaze deer that seem to always try to cross in front of MY car/truck when they get spooked by gunfire. That will all start again Monday.