Where's my Sign?

Qui Gon-Jinn

Last night.. was.. hell..

Went on lunch from work (2nd shift.. 3-11:30pm) and noticed I only had 1 headlight..

On my 2nd break.. bust out the trusty screwdriver.. Pull the headlight.. check the connection.. had a co-worker turn on the lights it worked.. great.. awesome..

Had noticed earlier in the day Temp gauge was high.. checked the reservoir and it was really low. I didn't think much and started home.. Overheated.. fast. Stop to put water in.. and started to unscrew the cap on the reservoir and it hiss's a bit.. so I sit.. wait.. unscrew another 1/10th of a turn.. wait.. wait.. wait.. and it's to the point where it's not hissing.. and not seeming like there's any water or pressure there.. so I reach up to spin it off :wall: :doh: :dunno: .. BOOM.. CRAP.. Hand.. Hurt.. Burned.. :mad:

Hand is burned.. but not bad.. no blisters.. feels like a sun burn from hell..

did get water in.. got home.. put ice.. then just room temp water on hand.. this morning.. 10 hours later.. feels like I have a sun burn.. and just mild discomfort.

Going to use the Mustang for the day I think.. wife is off.. and after I get the "Gotta get done today" stuff done.. I am going to look at the truck..

Jeep has a cooling system.. that I have NEVER seen before.. time to read up..

Ohh and made the last 4 miles of the drive.. after putting water in.. with the cap off (Forgot it was sitting on top of the grill) and temp was ok.. but system was not sealed or under pressure.

for future reference, I always place a rag over the rad. cap when I open it(even on a cold motor) just in case. :idea:

I wish I could say I did not learn this lesson the hard way but I learned the hard way when I first started driving

Found more stuff on the truck today.

Drove it 2 miles to my dad's best friends house.. no isssues.

Did some other things.. came back. drove to my dad's. 1/4 mile. Then ran to get some crap he bought and needed a truck to move. Truck overheat's Steam.. hiss.. ughh

Pop my hood.. find the Water Inlet gasket is leaking. Not a bad deal.. cheap part.. and to the t-stat while there.. pickup the t-stat.. gasket. gallon of Peak anti-freeze.. 2 Battery connectors (other project I need to do soon) and head for dad's.. It cool's.. we work on the bass boat.

Go to pull the easy bolt on the water-inlet.. it snaps.

Get the bottom bolt out.. inlet is rotted bad.

Call Checker.. They got it.. $11.00.. run for that.. Dad ended up bending the stuck bolt but got it out.. No damage to the block. Put it all back.. fill with anti-freeze.. replaces some heater hose while in there working.. (always try to get as many "Little things" if if I have the tools out as I can) Took it for a spin.. 8 miles.. Mix of Surface and Highway.. never got over 180 (new T-stat temp)

So.. new heater hoses.. New water-inlet.. Cleaned the Resivour out.. New t-stat..

none of this planned.. but.. all done..

Next Fri.. Dad and I head for the JY for our own "Black Friday Bargain Hunt" he needs some small stuff for the Ram.. and I want some interior MJ stuff. and maybe the tail light harness..

This week.. I hope to do battery cables one day.. maybe Thursday while wife and mom do turkey :D

Our truck are supposed to run with 195 degree thermostat. Why change to 180?

Best case scenario you get less heat in the cabin in winter. More likely scenario you might lose gas mileage due to lower heat efficiency.

Look at where he is from. Don't think winter is a concern :D

Our truck are supposed to run with 195 degree thermostat. Why change to 180?

Best case scenario you get less heat in the cabin in winter. More likely scenario you might lose gas mileage due to lower heat efficiency.

Everything I could find says 180..

Az.. Winter.. thats when it gets COLD here.. I mean like.. 40's.. I think I used the heater.. in my last car.. once.. It was a super cold day.. in the 30's.

Just happy to have the cooling system working better.

will have to try to find the 92 upgrade :D