Rockguard/skid Plate Fabrication

Restoring and setting up my MJ is continuing to be fun and educational. Now I fabricating rock guards/slider for the side - with my longbed it is a must. I'm using 3/16"x2" square tubing.

My question is if I measure at the center of the door and measure from the frame how far should it be to the outside of the slider. I know it needs to be enough to stick out past the bottom of the truck but how much.

My first thought was 14" from the frame to the outside of the slider - anybody's other thoughts....

When done I publish pictures and a design. Of course if someone already has some to share that would also be fruitful

My first thought was 14" from the frame to the outside of the slider - anybody's other thoughts....

Where along the frame are you measuring? The frame's width changes along it's length.

I tucked my guards in nice and tight.

I know that Motion Offroad, JCR Offroad and ProtoFab4x4 are all working on the Long Bed sliders, but I have not seen any others.

Our LWB sliders have been out for about a week now. More info can be found on our website.

Do you have any pics of the LWB sliders? How it mounts, etc.? You web site uses the SWB slider pics for both the SWB and LWB slider listings.

Willy

Now I like this approach - I'm outside right now mocking it up to tack weld the pieces. And not only are they different distances but the angle for my cross bars that connects to the frame changes. I'll start taking pictures at this point so others can learn from my mistakes.

Still have one open question - I have two ways of attaching the plates to the frame.

1. Self treading bolts

2. Nutserts/rivetnuts