head liner material

i have been looking for head liner material and was wondering if any one knows where in westren Canada i can find it? maybe a good internet source? i checked fabric land, and wal mart and nothing! also what is the best adhisive to use when i do find it? any tips or sugestions would be helpful!

Thanks this fourm ROCKS!!!!

In the eastern U.S., Pep Boys carries some rather cheap headliner fabric, and the adhesive. Also, we have a chain of sewing stors called JoAnne Fabrics. They carry good headliner material, and although I haven't seen it in the store my wife goes to, they claim they also have the adhesive.

I don't know if JoAnne Fabrics has stores in Canada. Check it out.

JoAnne Fabrics, as Eagle said, carries it, along with the adhesive. I didn't care for any of the colors they had in stock so I just picked a nice thick solid color flannel from their racks that matches my interior pretty well. Worked fine. The real headliner material has the foam backing that allows a little unevenness in the headliner without showing, the flannel I used shows some bumps and waves in the backing board, but who cares, it looks pretty good and set me back a whopping $6 for the fabric. I think the glue was around $3. The real headliner fabric was about twice as expensive as other material.

I just did my headliner about a month ago. Went to Wal Mart and bought a roll of fabric for about $6. For glue I went to Canadian Tire and found a can of spray adhesive in the automotive section, I think it was made by Permatex, its in an orange can, says its good for headliners. Depending on how many coats of glue you do, you may need 2 cans. I just bought one and ran out when doing my third coat of glue. Seems to be holding up well so far.