Lower Drop Link Mount Bent

The lower sway bar drop link mount on the passenger side is bent inward toward the frame. To the point that it's causing the other side to rub against the frame.

My question is how to straighten - is this something I have to take to a body shop or can I do it..

For instance do I ned to heat it with a torch before bending it back or can I just take a big hammer and go to it.

For the life of me, I do not know what a "lower drop mount link" is...

Pics would help... ;)

CW

KI believe he is talking about what we call a sway bar end link (where a lot of us put disconnects ;) ). He is saying that the mount on the axle for the lower end of the link is bent. I have never had to deal with that, so I can't help unfortunately, but maybe I helped make it clearer to understand and soemone else has done this.

OK, now I understand!! :doh: :doh:

I would say you should be able to bend it. With or with-out heat. Try with-out first see if it moves.

Also something comes to mind when you mentioned it touches on the opposite side.

Is your MJ lifted?

If it is, have you adjusted the axle to be centered under the vehicle? You would do this with either an TB adapter or an adjustable Track Bar. If you haven't centered the axle under the jeep this is also part of your contact issue.

Good luck,

CW

Alright - information - just what I was after.

I have just the right hammer to whack it with - just wants to check before I whacked it.

The MJ is not lifted yet but that is my plan to lift in 1 3/4 " - but I'm sure the axle has not been centered so after I whack the mount I'll start my research on how you center the axle.

I appreciate all of eveybody's repsonse and help

The axle is centered by the track bar. And on a stock truck, that isn't adjustable. If the axle is indeed off-center, then something might be wrong.

If you're only lifting 1 or 2 inches, you can get away with a stock bar (assuming yours is in good shape).