motor mount problem

this is for my 4.0 on the passenger side. so @$$ clown put a longer bolt in there. i don't even know how they could have put it in. i just can't get it out. does the oil filter neck come off? my other option is to cut it out. i just don't see how i can get this out. the head of the bolt is toward the oil filter and the other end stick out about 1in. what are my other options here?

does the oil filter neck come off?

The oil filter neck can be removed. There's either a Torx or hex head bolt that runs through it perpendicular to the block. If you do end up removing it, you should replace the three O-rings that are in there to avoid leaks.

Yep, the @ss clown was the engineer that designed it. :yes:

You have to remove the oil filter neck to pull it out. If your pulling the engine, it's just as easy to unbolt the mount from the frame.

:cheers:

i just don't see the engineer using a bolt that long.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Jeeps. :D

The motor mount bolt is 5 3/4 in. If yours is longer than that, then it probably was replaced or Jeep did what they normally do. Use what they had on hand.

On the 4cyl, I had to remove the altenator to get it out. Thought once out, I'd just put it in reversed, no the oil filter was in the way.

The bolt is a 5/8 in Hex on the filter neck.

:cheers: