XJ trouble

I'm am about to receive an 88 XJ with 20k on the jasper engine. the own believes that SNS has gone south and I proceeded to ask what made him think so :hmm: . If you get it out of the garage its yours. My first trouble shooting is to see if it turns over and i'm already suspecting that its the CPS and i can pull one here shortly. what else should i look for besides the hum from the fuel pump. I hoping that this will an easy fix. team comanche club what's your thoughts :cheers:

What is an SNS?

What specific problems are you having? Does it turn over, just not start? Will it not turn over at all?

I would also check for spark. Make sure the distributor cap, rotor, spark plug wires, and coil wire are good.

Willy

What is it doing? Is it not turning over? That can be caused by the NSS. This shows you what needs to be done to clean the NSS.

Willy

:dunno: this is what the owner is telling me and i need to get a chance to look at it and hopin its a simple fix like the CPS and if i had to clean ths NSS hope to find one at the JY that's a direct replacement :idea: and see if that does the trick and call it good :cheers:

I would say to just ask the owner if it turns over or not, but I've become aware in recent years that there are a LOT of people out there who don't even understand what that means. To far too many people, "does not start" is the same as "does not turn over."

I would say to just ask the owner if it turns over or not, but I've become aware in recent years that there are a LOT of people out there who don't even understand what that means. To far too many people, "does not start" is the same as "does not turn over."

what i have recommended was to swap batteries and give it a try and guess what she started and in my drive way :banana: i'm still going to check it out some more. :cheers: